Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Aha! Gotcha you bastid!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006 | 11:56 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Default Aha! Gotcha you bastid!!!!!

After an hour of messing around and trying a few different things, I have now figured out a way to take a DVD video and "lift" audio tracks from it to make MP3's - which in this case to to make an audio version of a live DVD video....

Using a couple of different programmes (Nero Recode - to rip the DVD video to MP4, and then ImTOO converter - to convert the MP4 video file to MP3 audio track) it's really easy to make a pristine audio copy of a DVD! (albeit a tad long winded)

I tried a couple of different "soundcard recorders" and no luck, and also a programme that claims to convert all video types to MP3/WAV etc - yet it can't handle MP4 vids

Since I have the ImTOO Mpeg encoder installed on here anyway, I thought I would chance it and low and behold it worked a treat! The only other thing I need to do was load the newly converted MP3 up into Wavepad and amplify it 150%, as the original recording isn;t massively loud (why do DVD's seem to be quieter than MP3's???)

So it's sorted and works just fine
Old 06-05-2006 | 01:52 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

The reason it's probably quiter is because it's freeware ??
Old 06-05-2006 | 04:32 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Nah don't think so... It's just something I have noticed with DVD's comparred to MP3's. If I play MP3's from my PC and then put in a DVD and play that from the PC, the DVD is generally quieter than the MP3. Same with my DVD player (which also runs through my hifi, as does the PC) - the DVD player is quieter than the MP3's from my hifi.

So all I did was boost the volume of the MP3 track I made to get it to the same sort of level of the other MP3's I have on my PC