Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Downloaded and install AVG and now i can't get email.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 AM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Downloaded and install AVG and now i can't get email.

i downloaded and install avg a few weeks ago and ever since i can't download emails from on my bt account on outlook?

i think it's something wrong with avg as every now and then it pops up "avg control center email scanner is not fully functional" but i don't know what that means or how to over-come this?

anyone come accross this before?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:13 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive had AVG installed for about a month and had no problems at all with it, havent heard of any problems either

Maybe try un-installing it and downloading it agian.

Did you download it from there official website? http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
Old 10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i did and now my email is working fine, i've nothing at all to it and now it works!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

god knows!

Are you 100% sure AVG was the reason behind your email problems?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Tommy Boy
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This normally telling you that you need to update it, the email scanner is not switched on or the email server is not activated.

Firstly open the AVG control centre and click on the check for updates on the left and make sure you have all the updates.

If you go to Email Scanner and the header colour is red, right click and click activate, if not you will need to check your email server is activated in AVG.

to get to it do the following.

Right click on the Email Scanner section and click on Properties.
In the Plugins Tab at the bottom is another Properties button click on that and another window will open.
In the new window open there are 3 tabs, click on the far right one (Servers).
You should then see in the Email Proxy list 2 servers POP3 and SMTP click on the POP3 and you should get a status at the bottom right. If it says Disabled you need to click on the modify button and click on the connections setting on the left. Then on the right you will need to check the box to activate the server.

I had the same problem and that solved it so hope that works mate.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:57 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Problems with sending/receiving e-mails after AVG for Windows program update 7.0.322

If any problem appears with sending/receiving e-mails after AVG for Windows program update 7.0.322, it could possibly be caused by your computer firewall, especially ZoneAlarm or McAffee. Your firewall automatically blocks communication via AVG for Windows Personal e-mail scanner (AVG EMS) and does not ask if you would like to allow it. Because the AVG EMS component has been updated, your firewall does not recognize its updated content and behavior.

The problem is caused by your firewall, not by the AVG for Windows program. It typically appears with ZoneAlarm or McAffee firewalls installed. Some of the firewalls that either do not have such problems or that correctly detect the updated component include:

* AVG plus Firewall Edition
* Kerio
* Sygate

To solve the problem you have to remove AVG EMS from the configuration of your firewall, and then add it once again. For detailed instructions on how to configure the AVG for Windows program with different firewalls please refer to the Grisoft website, Downloads/Documentation section - Firewall Settings for AVG for Windows Workstation - Installation guide.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5645/lng/us/tpl/v5
Old 12-02-2006, 12:48 PM
RST Ski
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James
yeah i did and now my email is working fine, i've nothing at all to it and now it works!
mine did that too, didnt adjust any settings!