Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

My Moonstone 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth (SOLD)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 AM
R5COS
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Moonstone 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth (SOLD)

Hi Guys, I have decided to place my Saph up for sale across the pond as well as in Ireland to see if there is anyone out there who maybe keen on the car. I'm putting it on the market as I've had an itch for another ESCOS or good spec 3 door for a while now and this itch needs to be scratched. Apologies for the long winded advert and all the pics but I am aware that when buying a car from a foreign country you need as much detail as possible.....

My Saph is as genuine as they come with no gaps in the history or service records and every single invoice, part/upgrade that was got for the car is fully documented in the best history folder I have seen for any cosworth. The folder has receipts and invoices for an obscene amount of money, with the majority of this money spent in GGR.
It is a genuine low owner car with the first owner having it for 14 years from new and when he came to part with it he commissioned Bonhams to sell it on his behalf at their collectors motor car/motorcycle/automobilia auction in February 2005 at their RAF museum in Hendon London. Invoice and catalogue from Bonhams are present in the cars history folder.
It is also an ex Fast Ford feature car with a 6 page spread in 2004 (again copy of the mag comes with the history)

Spec of the car,

Engine
£11000.00 sterling GGR rebuild blue printed low compression engine 7.5:1 New 200 block, forged pistons with valve cut outs, Genuine cosworth bearings, High clamp stud and nut set, HP oil pump, New Group A gasflow cylinder head, Group A head gasket, Lightweight cam followers, Ported/polished inlets, 4 x Siemens 55lb black injectors, GGR T34 hybrid turbo with 360 deg bearing, cut back blades, left handed shaft, 0.55 exhaust housing, -34 actuator, GGR custom made 3 inch stainless exhaust with tailpipe silencer, GGR induction kit, Radtec RS 500 intercooler, uprated Bosch 150 litre fuel pump, GGR 3 port breather system with catch tank and aeroquip fixings and braided hose throughout, GGR header tank and swirl pot, full GGR silicone hoses with genuine RS 500 boost hose, MSD dump valve, Level 8 ECU with pectal super 8 board, live mapped by MSD complete with closed loop lambda control and MSD chip, uprated/rewired fuel pump and cooling fan looms, uprated 82 deg thermostat, 909 leads, Group A coil, 3 bar map sensor, recent cambelt/tensioner and aux belt change, vibra technics engine mounts, various under bonnet dress up parts with bailey power steering tank etc, GGR carbon fibre cambelt cover and turbo cover. New starter motor fitted June this year, New battery fitted July 2011, New petrol tank (with internal swirl pot) fitted August 2011 for peace of mind. 2 fully stamped service books 1 pre GGR engine rebuild and the 2nd after GGR rebuild with all GGR or Collins Engineering stamps....

Transmission

Gordon Spooner group A MT75 gearbox (shot peened and balanced with uprated syncros and bearings complemented by a heavy duty GGR clutch and flywheel complete with GGR quickshift, Poly gearbox cradle bushings, vibra technics gearbox mount, Uprated front GGR driveshafts.

Suspension

Front and rear Koni fully adjustable dampers with Achmed Bayjoo lowering springs, front upper group A strutbrace, GGR poly bushes throughout with alloy rear beam and alloy power steering bushes. I fitted new TCAs, inner tie rods and track rod ends along with doing the steering column bush in May this year.

Brakes

AP Racing 330mm 8 groove discs with AP CP52000 4 pot calipers (new EBC pads fitted May this year). Fairly recent new rear standard callipers with drilled and grooved 4x4 rear discs, Aeroquip braided hoses throughout, AP Racing adjustable brake bias control valve, ABS disabling switch, new front ABS sensors fitted May this year.

Wheels & Tyres

Brand New 8 x 18 inch Compomotive FMV1880 (Cromodora Foss replicas). These wheels are £1000 new, are in as new condition and have done less than 200 miles with 215/35/18 Falken ZE912 tyres.

Body

Standard 4x4 moonstone finish with rolled front arches to accommodate the 18" rims, All genuine date stamped panels, original rear arches, Extremely solid shell with no holes or rot underneath(never been welded) All original glass including original Pilkington windscreen. Rouse sport RS500 style front splitter (freshly painted) Brand new Ford Moulded mud flaps fitted this year. The car is now back on standard 4x4 spec rear lights and clear fronts as I fitted ambers all round just to give the car a different look....

Interior

Full raven black leather Recaro interior in outstanding condition, Momo steering wheel, Alpine CD headunit, variable control boost switch, OE air con system removed, Fully alarmed Thatcham approved system with 2 sets of keys and 2 phobs.

The car flew through its NCT (Irish version of MOT) last week which gives it a fresh ticket until Oct 2013. The car handles really well is precise and true in the steering and pulls really well through the gears, Extremely strong engine and has never let me down.

A couple of bits I never got round to doing. Saggy head lining at the rear, front arches will need to be painted at some stage due to the arches been rolled, usual minor stone chipping to front bumper/bonnet, underneath is as you would expect a 21 year old Ford to look but has never seen a welder nor does it need to...
IMHO this is a well sorted car, granted its not a low mileage minter that lives in a bubble, but its a car that likes to be driven...
Always garaged and extremely well minded and is only taken out in good weather.

The last 2 previous owners of this car are active Passionford members and can be contacted to verify its honest history.

The car lives in southern Ireland and is Irish registered (UK reg before import J410 NJO if you wish to do a UK HPI check (but I can assure you its clear) I live just over an hour from Dublin Airport and Dublin Ferry ports.. I will accommodate any inspections from a Irish friend or contact from any perspective UK buyer or anyone who travels across the pond.....

Price

£8500.00 sterling but will listen to serious offers only... New car bought so no longer will accept a Part Exchange.

Contact

Patrick 00 353 872524698 or pm me with any questions you may have.

Last edited by R5COS; 23-11-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 AM
R5COS

Last edited by R5COS; 12-10-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:33 AM
R5COS

Last edited by R5COS; 12-10-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:33 AM
R5COS

Last edited by R5COS; 12-10-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 AM
bigpower
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's stunning and what a cracking advert!

GLWTS mate and look forward to seeing you in another escos!!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Bloomers
Cornish Fasty

thats lovely. glws, dude
Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 AM
foxy06
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic add for a fantastic car, well priced and must admit, i am slightly tempted! lol

What power does the engine run??? Sorry i didnt see it if it was in the ad.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 AM
rjg22
Virgin

Wow. What a stunner.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Great car at a great price

If that was in the uk i would say it would sell withinn 24 hours

Dont be put of going over the pond to buy this fellas , its a stunning part of the world and quite an easy trip to do

Paul
Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 AM
big hyndy

Jesus christ! That has to be the nicest saph ive ever clapped my eyes on! This shouldnt hang about long at that price! GLWS mate
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

being the last owner of this saff i can personally vouch for it,i ha it for near 3 years without one hitch ,very strong engine ,handles very well and gets all the looks a guy could want in a saff

good luck with the sale pat,but i think your mad and if i had the cash i would have it back off you in a flash

just to add ,i fitted brandnew headlamps to the car just before pat got it
Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Fury RS
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

As said previous Fella, what a stunning car and a brilliant advert, fairplay to you. Some lucky person is going to own a peach there...
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

thats a beauty cant see that hanging about
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Far too cheap at that spec Pat.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:25 PM
R5COS

Originally Posted by bigpower
That's stunning and what a cracking advert!

GLWTS mate and look forward to seeing you in another escos!!
Thanks Karl, a little bit of effort goes a long way when selling a car back to the uk.. Yes mate an escos is what i want should never of sold my old one..

Originally Posted by Bloomers
thats lovely. glws, dude
Cheers mate

Originally Posted by foxy06
Fantastic add for a fantastic car, well priced and must admit, i am slightly tempted! lol

What power does the engine run??? Sorry i didnt see it if it was in the ad.
Never had it on the rollers myself mate but id say a good solid 360-370 pulls a hell of a lot better than my old stage 3 escos

Originally Posted by rjg22
Wow. What a stunner.
Thanks dude..

Originally Posted by North Yorkshire RS Spares
Great car at a great price

If that was in the uk i would say it would sell withinn 24 hours

Dont be put of going over the pond to buy this fellas , its a stunning part of the world and quite an easy trip to do

Paul
Thanks Paul, i know been in ireland may put some off but as you know us irish guys do these trips all the time and its not too hard, and dont mind travelling for the good cars..

Originally Posted by big hyndy
Jesus christ! That has to be the nicest saph ive ever clapped my eyes on! This shouldnt hang about long at that price! GLWS mate
Thanks mate, i feel its priced to sell..
Originally Posted by james kiely
being the last owner of this saff i can personally vouch for it,i ha it for near 3 years without one hitch ,very strong engine ,handles very well and gets all the looks a guy could want in a saff

good luck with the sale pat,but i think your mad and if i had the cash i would have it back off you in a flash

just to add ,i fitted brandnew headlamps to the car just before pat got it
Thanks James it came from a good stable mate all i did was just improve what was already a good car...

Originally Posted by Fury RS
As said previous Fella, what a stunning car and a brilliant advert, fairplay to you. Some lucky person is going to own a peach there...
Thanks mate..

Originally Posted by botters
thats a beauty cant see that hanging about
Cheers pal...

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Far too cheap at that spec Pat.
Thanks Kev, i feel its priced well as ive taken in acount the car is in ireland and people would need to travel.. As Paul said above if it was in the uk i think it would go quite quickly but ireland isnt that far away these days..
Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
mjonathan24
PassionFord Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, an absolutely stunning car with a fantastic advert. GLWTS mate.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

One of my favourite saphs.

Great price and could get more IMO, GLWS mate.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love this saph, worth every penny

GLWS mate

Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Thats a lovey saff matey.Hopefully it wont stay round for long.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Ronnie Scott
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

thats a lovely cossie! unfortunitly i can only afford £5800
Old 07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
silky16v
Get on That!

Good Luck with selling Car is worth every penny

My old Car this and i sold it to James over 4.5yrs ago and it's still going strong from the day i sold it

Other thing to add is the whole engine loom was removed and the bulk head connectors removed and re-soldered and then the whole loom was re-braided with loom braid from Msport and it has a 2 stage boost switch:

Low boost actuator pressure =14psi
High boost =28psi
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
ELFRANCO
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck with the sale Pat, fabulous car!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Can believe you are selling it Pat! But everyone needs their itch, scratched!!

And good to see a positive and well laid out advert. As Paul said, its worth the travelling across the pond for the right car!! James went to the mainland to get it, and im sure someone who is like minded, wouldnt mind flying over to Ireland to bring it home again!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
lynnsy

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Can believe you are selling it Pat! But everyone needs their itch, scratched!!

And good to see a positive and well laid out advert. As Paul said, its worth the travelling across the pond for the right car!! James went to the mainland to get it, and im sure someone who is like minded, wouldnt mind flying over to Ireland to bring it home again!!
John get your fucking piggy bank out and buy it lol
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lynnsy
John get your fucking piggy bank out and buy it lol
I bet you are raging this popped up, after you sold your moonstone sapphire to get a 2dr scubby, to then sell it and buy a DC5!! Whats next?? a Dacia Logan you fucking moron LOL

You should have waited to snap something like this up micky!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
lynnsy

Originally Posted by Maxwell
I bet you are raging this popped up, after you sold your moonstone sapphire to get a 2dr scubby, to then sell it and buy a DC5!! Whats next?? a Dacia Logan you fucking moron LOL

You should have waited to snap something like this up micky!
My car history (decent ones anyway)
st185 gt4
skyline gtst
e36 m3
Rx7 twin turbo
e30 335i
evo 7
st205 gt4 wrc
ep3 type R
ae86
GTIR
89 cossie
impreza type R
DC5
So you can see I stick to fuck all lol
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
R5COS

Originally Posted by silky16v
Good Luck with selling Car is worth every penny

My old Car this and i sold it to James over 4.5yrs ago and it's still going strong from the day i sold it

Other thing to add is the whole engine loom was removed and the bulk head connectors removed and re-soldered and then the whole loom was re-braided with loom braid from Msport and it has a 2 stage boost switch:

Low boost actuator pressure =14psi
High boost =28psi
Cheers Mat, Ive loved owning it but to get back in the type of escos i want it has to make way to free up the extra funds...

Thanks to everyone for all the great comments about the car
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 PM
qad

Epic
Old 08-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

What a lovely saph!!

I doubt this will hang about long!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:01 PM
R5COS

Originally Posted by qad
Epic
Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
What a lovely saph!!

I doubt this will hang about long!
Cheers Guys

Another option for anyone whos interested is that I also have the white 18" Revolution Millenniums that came on the car, again 8x18 ET33.. There is always the option that I can keep the Cromodora reps and put these back on and knock a few quid off to help cover your expenses
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Fancy a swap?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 PM
ram
Has a large member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Stunning
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
wattie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously, that's bargain of the century for me, I'm after a well speced saff once my 3 doors finished and I'm guessing this will be well gone by then , that's simply my dream saff right there, good luck with the sale
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 PM
R5COS

Originally Posted by Paul_RS
Fancy a swap?

Originally Posted by ram
Stunning
Cheers mate

Originally Posted by wattie
Seriously, that's bargain of the century for me, I'm after a well speced saff once my 3 doors finished and I'm guessing this will be well gone by then , that's simply my dream saff right there, good luck with the sale
Thanks for that pal, it will go when it goes if i lived over the pond it would go quicker so just sitting it out till that one person comes along
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 AM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

What a beauty.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

i hope you dont mind pat ,i thought i would share my favourite pics of the saff when i owned it ,on the 18 inch revolutions

Last edited by james kiely; 11-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 AM
fordrs2005
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cracker of a car and good advert , good luck with your sale
Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
silky16v
Get on That!

sorry to jump on the band wagon but my favourite pictures when i owned it

couple of vids also

Last edited by silky16v; 12-10-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM
R5COS

Cheers James and Mat Every bit helps when your trying to get someone to part with their hard earned
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Im sure my mate Simon owned this years ago ???

Best Ad i have seen in a long time

Steve

Quick Reply: My Moonstone 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth (SOLD)