Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Really clean little 1998 ‘R’ Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec, 3dr in dark blue with light blue interior. Done just under 103k miles, mainly motorway. I’ve owned this car since 2002 and have done the majority of the mileage myself as part of my job. I have to have a reliable car and I can honestly say this car has NEVER once let me down. Not once. I change the oil every 3 months without fail (look inside the oil cap at the head / cam and this will confirm) with genuine Ford oil and at 66k miles I had a major major service done including all 4 shocks, lower arms and the cambelt despite not needing changing until 100k miles. The belt still has 60k before it needs changing again. The bodywork I have to say is in exceptional condition for a car of it’s age, there is the odd parking ‘ding’ and scuff but no damage. The only spot of rust is on the inside of the passenger door shut and is easily remedied by some wet and dry and a touch up stick. The underside is absolutely solid, and the car has never seen a welder, panel beater or paint. Has genuine Ford headlamp protectors fitted. The interior is tidy, no burns or rips and is clean and tidy with no holes drilled for mobile phones or any silly stuff. Maybe the seats could do with a bit of a clean (as most do) but you certainly won’t stick to them or get out dirtier than you got in. Everything works, the engine purrs like a pussycat. All four tyres were replaced in the latter part of 2006 so have loads of wear left, the MOT is due in May but if the buyer wants a fresh one I can arrange this (at their cost, about £50). The stereo unit is nothing special, a front loading JVC CD player with detachable front but it works no problems and will come with the car. I’m the 4th owner, car totally clear on HPI, never been involved in an accident or stolen. The only bad point I can think of is the drivers electric window is a bit slow, but if you give it a helping hand when it needs, it shuts no problem.

So, why am I selling ? Well, a Focus TD came up at a price I couldn’t refuse so I bought that, and now I have a Fiesta that I don’t use. It was only the fact the Focus is known to me and was cheap that I bought it, I wasn’t car hunting. I want £1200 for the Fiesta, and this is firm so don’t ask me what I’ll take as I’ve already said. £1200 firm. If you want a new ticket, fine, as stated already that’s another £50. My Focus is already bought and paid for so I don’t need the money and the Fiesta isn’t in the way, I’m not desperate for a sale so I’m not budging on the price. Find another one this age as good as this for the money – you won’t believe me. If it doesn’t sell at this money I’ll keep it.

If you’re seriously interested, PM me and I’ll give you a phone number and from then on in we deal by the phone - no further PM’s or emails - people who do that are usually messers or people with no money – and I have no time for either. If you can’t ask for my number to ring me, you aren’t serious. The car is located under 10 minutes from the M4 at Heathrow (J4). At the moment the car is on a private plate (which I’m transferring) and also has a Clifford G5 alarm with remote locking but I’m intending to have this taken out and does not form part of the sale at £1,200. However, if you want to keep it we can discuss figures. This is the perfect car for a 1st time driver or someone who needs a cheap reliable everyday car. I’ll be honest that I’m in two minds whether to even sell the car as it’s been so good to me……..

Sorry to be a bit blunt but I don’t want to be dealing with timewasters. Genuine people get in touch. Will put some pics up over the weekend when the snow clears but anyone serious won't be disappointed.

Stuart.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Katie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awww Stu! all our conversations about little fiesta 1.25s are no more!

Hope she goes to someone who likes her as much as you do

They are ideal first cars as Stu said
Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 PM
GazzaG
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope it goes to someone whos going to look after it mate

good luck in sale.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Bump......
Old 17-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 20-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

No-one want or know someone who needs a 100% reliable cheap car ? Surely not..............I usually get asked most days but as is the norm, when you've got one for sale.................
Old 24-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Old 24-02-2007, 10:33 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

just to say that i bought my misses a 1.25 fez, and it was blue!

It had 99k on the clock, and we have passed it on to her mum, it has now passed 110k and still purs.

DO NOT be put of on the mileage on these little cars, the ones that pass 50k with no engine issues seem to go for ever.

Good luck with the sale, cracking little cars.

Matt
Old 28-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by matts1
just to say that i bought my misses a 1.25 fez, and it was blue!

It had 99k on the clock, and we have passed it on to her mum, it has now passed 110k and still purs.

DO NOT be put of on the mileage on these little cars, the ones that pass 50k with no engine issues seem to go for ever.

Good luck with the sale, cracking little cars.

Matt
Cheers fella someone has already tentatively bought the car, but we'll see.....