Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

My Sapphire for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 30-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Sapphire for sale.

Time to quit owning a Cosworth L So my Sapphire is up for sale to the highest bidder,please don’t PM me asking how much I want as I have no idea ,money don’t mean a lot to me LOL BUT I wont be giving it away!You decide once you see the specification and also the bad bits!!!This is an unfinished project and would be a shame to break it…but I will if no acceptable bids!

Ok Ford Sierra Sapphire 2wd 1988 F plate,mercury grey it has 17 inch wheels with new toya proxies,front brakes are uprated to red brembo 4 pot calipers with bigger 315mm drilled/grooved disks and braided hoses,rear brakes are std apart from drilled and grooved disks.Koni adjustable suspension allround…the front is too low imo the springs came with the shocks so didn’t know what the ride height would be!That’s it really externally,not a bad body cleans up well but rust coming thru on passenger door and when you open rear doors on the rear wings nothing major,no rot on arches…so only passenger door visable..and that’s only bubbling.The actual car needs imo braided brake hoses on the rear and to be fully poly bushed up.Chassis wise it needs sill repairs to passenger side and possibly drivers side…the rest is solid.It is std outside execpt the laguna front splitter.It also has the 4x4 bonnet.Interior is std cloth trim,with water temp/boost pressure gauges and a built in AFR narrow band moniter and an ACT gauge.Everything works.

It runs a std rear diff which is noise free and a std T5 gearbox which is also noise free,it has just had a brand new 3inch all the way thru with 4 inch tail mongoose style exhaust.Not too noisey!

Engine..now this is special IMO built by me with my engineer second checking everything,specced by me also what to me is an awesome piece of kit,it has covered a max 1500 miles running a six paddle with heavy duty cover alcon clutch.

Escos EEC4 block with oil jets
7.9-1 comp ratio
WRC long studded center 6
WRC 4 layer head gasket
Brand new std crank
Std balanced rods
Cosworth forged racing pistons with cut outs
ARP big end bolts
ARP flywheel bolts
26.5 mm inlet ports
25mm exhaust ports
New valves inlet and exhaust
BD16 inlet cam BD14 exhaust cam
Verniers by KENT CAMS
Grp A cambelt
New water pump
2wd exhaust manifold
EEC4 inlet plenum
2wd throttle body
T4 turbo which was bought brand new
Bailey turbo damper
4 x 1000cc MSD injectors
L8 ECU
RADTEC intercooler with the 70mm ends

The car runs a base chip from Karl Norris and its pretty close according to my innovate LM1 afr wideband kit.,but needs a final setup by Karl to get perfection.It runs upto 32psi held which give truly stupid performance.People may question the comp ratio but I don’t care its how I wanted it as the main thing was drivability off boost and economy with blistering performance on boost.You may feel it needs detuning to say run 25psi for a solid 380plus…at the mo its close to 500bhp if not over at 32psi according to Karls calculations.

As said it needs finishing to give a real supercar slayer but I have no interest in doin it.The car will have no guarantee that it wont blow up soon ROFL..who knows?Unless you de tune it…tbh at 400bhp it would drive so well and be bullet proof!…BUT at the mo the engine is sweet this is a real quiet engine…no knocks/rattles.

PM me with your best bid…the engine complete by a pro would cost over 7k outright!!!!..I am not asking for the world,we all no how much it would break for so you could be in a no loose position or even a profit

(Please no tossers bidding 1k and no test pilots.)

Old 30-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

looks like its gna be something special once done

good spec..

good luck!
Old 30-07-2006, 10:46 PM
richard_xr2i1800
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might buy it back liked that car lol

Rich
Old 31-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

any more pics mate?? is it cloth interior?
Old 01-08-2006, 10:19 AM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Phil, if you do break it i'm interested in the front brakes
Old 01-08-2006, 01:57 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got to be worth 10k??
Old 05-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Kam B