Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Ivan Project Car (5 1 2 Whp / 5 3 Kg. wheel Torque)

Search this Thread

Old 17-07-2010, 04:02 PM
zlatky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ivan Project Car (5 1 2 Whp / 5 3 Kg. wheel Torque)

Good evening Ford lovers and modders!...

Following is a rather long but (hopefully) interesting story. If you don't have much free time, I suggest you read this some other time (you've been warned-lol! )

First of all, let me introduce maself: My name is Alex, and I am a 34 y.o., Greek, and residing in Athens (Greece). The story starts back in end of July of 2004. I was then an excited 28 y.o. fella that just bought a brand new Ford Focus (mk1) 1.6 5d Trend S.I.P. Collection. I had no clue whatsoever whether that was a decent buy or not, since the only thing I knew back then about cars was that they all had...4 wheels (believe it or not! ).

Anyhow, soon enough I realized that the 100hp that my car yielded was not enough even for a simple overtake! Actually I found out that in a rather bad way, when I nearly *died* after a simple overtake in a highway on a trip I took around August of '04. The acceleration pedal was *floored* but the poor 1.6 Focus took an...eternity to "wake up" and complete the overtake! Thank God that the speeding "maniac" at the opposite lane that was approaching me like a speeding bullet realized the trouble I was into, and hit the breaks before crushing into me!!!...

Well, I guess that was the start of the whole thing. A couple of months after that (nearly tragic) incident I realized that I should become a member of a local Ford-owners club, so I can get (through the course of time) all the necessary knowledge / help / etc in order to, somehow, "boost up" a bit my car!

So, I became member at the clubfocus.gr (which was changed to www.clubford.gr after some years, in order to include all Ford-owners) after a small research that I did on the net. The lads there were very friendly and quite active, and soon enough I became a very active member.

Around end of '04 I decided to get some serious help from my fellow club-members in order to transform ma car to a decent non-turbo vehicle, that would yield around 130-135 Hp. The cash necessary for the relevant mods had been accumulated, and I was "ready-to-go" on my "power quest"!...

...However, the whole story after that turned sour on me. I was introduced to some rather ignorant (to say the least) mechanic that promised me the horsepower I was looking for. He prepared for me a list of things to be installed, and we agreed on the overall payment fee, and time-schedule for the whole project...

...After a delay of several months (...) I got my car back. Everything seemed to work pretty good, and I was thrilled indeed from the punch that ma car could give on the road. I was feelin' like I was drivin' some bass-azz Porsche (to say the least!). However, when I dyno-ed the car on a scheduled dyno-club day I was rather...shocked: The car yielded a mere 122 Hp, which was quite a bit of a difference from the agreed upon Hp I asked from my (then) mechanic!

Needless to say that I dyno-ed the car again to another facility (in order to cross-check the initial results). And - as you might have already guessed -I got pretty much the same numbers!...

...After that I got all kinds of excuses from the mechanic. They all resulted in the phrase "IF you could invest *another* x-amount of euros we could easily get to the horsepower you've been after!" which sucked *big time* as a reply as you realize!!!...

...I was disgusted and felt cheated. I had given more than 5k euros back then for the whole modification procedure, and it felt like lost money - and time, and it was! I took a very valuable lesson tho: That if you wanna do things right you gotta do them yourself! So, I decided that I *needed* to become more knowledgeable in car-tuning maself, and stop depending so much on others!...

...A couple more months passed by after that. By then, I had acquired some pretty decent (basic) knowledge on technical matters, and got to know my car's pros and cons after spending sufficient time on net-searching and relevant-literature reading. I wasn't satisfied tho, since my (initial) "Hp-goal" wasn't met yet!...

...It was around that time that I got acquainted with one of clubfocus' most knowledgeable modders - Vassilis. He was well aware of my...unfortunate modding experience and offered to help me by introducing me to the "turbo-modding" experience! He even got me acquainted to a really knowledgeable mechanic - should I decided to tune-up my car in the future - "turbo-wise"...

...One thing led to another, and after the necessary time (a couple of months or so, actually) that I took in order to learn some basic stuff about turbo-modding, I visited that mechanic Vassilis was tellin' me about. He was the same guy that had tuned-up (turbo-wise) his (then) Focus (mk1) 1.4 car, and had yielded a whooping 200+ Hp!

"So...who is Ivan then?" you might be wondering!

...Ivan: That's the name of my "son". My car that is. I "baptized" him like that because of my license-plates - "IBA" and...kinda attached the "N" at the end! (lol!). IVAN = IBAN in Greek, but it is pronounced like "(h)Eee-'v'-aan" btw!

...I was dreaming of gettin' more horsepower and torque by that time, and believed that was quite doable too. I think it all started with the...lame-line that most Focus owners have heard at some point from a friend (or foe): "Paah!...Get real dude! You *never* gonna see serious horsepower and torque from a...Focus!" (followed by some derogatory laughs)...Nearly no one believed back then that I would surpass the "300 Hp barrier". "With a 1.6 Focus?! Get real man!"...Right!...

On November of 2005, Ivan (as a turbo 1.6 car) was yielding 270 Hp - that was much more than I ever dreamed of! Well, at least at *that* point! () By February of 2008 Ivan (as a 1.6 Zetec SE engine-based still back then) yielded a whopping 325 Hp (@ 6.270 rpm) / 38 Kg. of torque (@ 5.320 rpm). On March of that year, he was proclaimed as the "fastest / most modified Ford Focus mlk1 in Europe" by one of the most prestigious Greek tuning-mags ("Max Power")

"Phase-2" had come to an end after that period. I was satisfied, and had become quite knowledgeable in turbo-tuning (concerning my car that is). Friends and foes that kept judging and mocking the whole thing from its start kinda...disappeared or "silenced" themselves after those achievements. But the "Ivan Project" wasn't meant to end at that phase it seems!...

...Another Ford-mechanic friend of mine, asked me if I was interested in purchasing a stock (!) Ford Focus RS (mk1) engine at some point, and do me a special discount too! My initial answer was "no", but the..."modding virus" I had kinda started...itching me bad once again! "How far could Ivan go with RS's Zetec-E 2.0 engine?" was an answer that preoccupied not only my mind at that time, but most of the Focus community (local and international)......When I decided to make that "next step", I still got - more or less - the same "attitude" from the...unfaithful ones: "You gonna reach 500+ Hp with a Ford Focus?! Are you stoned or something man?! Get real!"...Right!...

...On April 1st, 2009, the first dyno-results of "Phase-3" (transformation to a Zetec-E based 2.0 project car) of Ivan were at my hands: 550Hp (485 Whp) / 49 Kg. of wheel-torque! The "500+ flywheel barrier" was broken! "Yeah, but can ya reach 500+ *Whp* too? Don't think so!" Some people just never learn it seemed!...

13 months after that date, Ivan seems to be the most powerful Ford Focus (mk1) Zetec-E (2.0) engine-based car in the world: The resuts of his latest dyno that took place on 19th of March, 2010 prove just that: @ 1.7 bar: 5 1 2 Whp (around 580-590Hp that is) @ 7.610 rpm, with 5 3 Kg. of wheel-torque @ 5.680 rpm!!! ...

...The whole "Ivan Project" is going on for more than 5,5 years now, and more than
70+ mechanics / modifiers / programmers / engineers / Modding "Houses" (domestic & abroad) / etc., have contributed thousands of working hours for a total of 175 modifications that are currently installed on him. A real 2.0 "monster" ready to "devour" the...non-believers!...

Yet another milestone was surpassed then - The 500+ Whp that is. And was done using "conservative" programming (Note: The above dyno results were taken at only 1.7 bar of pressure, while Ivan can "max out" at 2.2 bar in total!!!). I've celebrated with both real-life and internet friends, and shared my joys, tears, anxiety, dreams and more, concerning Ivan. And so have they. As far as those that still remain...faithless, well...what can I say? It seems they'll always be around - won't they!...You see, the thing that they don't understand is that this car has more soul and spirit than they could ever imagine! And that when one has a dream and believes in it, one day - sooner or later - it will become reality, no matter what obstacles will be on the way!...

...So, keep dreaming guys and never take c**p from no one! Find the inner strength inside you and pursue your dream until it is realized before your very eyes! Tuned cars are more than just...cars: They are our means of escaping our daily routines and boredom! Our vehicles to a better, prettier world! The feeling of creating something beautiful out of something rather...plain, is indescribable, and can only be felt! "Modifying" means creating something (or becoming) better. If we could all expand this to other areas of our lives (besides modding our cars), this would be a much-much better world!

Thanks for your time, and God bless you all!

Alex

P.S.: Photos, charts, etc will follow soon enough - be patient, hehe!
Old 17-07-2010, 04:11 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Here are the latest dyno-charts of Ivan!...:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Apart from the impressive numbers, the one thing that I like the most is that from 5.000 to around 7.250 rpm Ivan yields 50+ Kg. of wheel torque! Not bad for a Zetec-E engine, huh!...
Old 17-07-2010, 04:26 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

After a long-long time, I finally managed to get the 14 (A-4 type) pages long modding-list of Ivan translated by my friend Costas Zikeloglou (thanks a *lot* mate!). I trust you will have plenty of free time yourselves before even attempting reading it, huh! You have been warned! (lol!)

...So here it goes then! Njoy!

*/me takes a deep-deep breath*

IVAN PROJECT CAR

Last update: 01 / 07 / 10

Owner: Alex Zlatky

Car model / code name:

Ford Focus ST 170 / RS Mk I “SE”*, 2000cc, 5d. / Ivan Project Car

Featured / Participated at:

1) "Power Techniques" (November ’05 Greek issue - I.C.E. presentation)
2) Athens Tuning Show No. 2 – “Top 100” pavilion (20 – 24/09/06)
3) Athens Tuning Show No. 3 – “Top 100” pavilion (26 – 30/09/07)
4) "Max Power" (March ’08 Greek issue – cover page + total presentation)
5) “XL” (July ’10 Greek issue – cover page + total presentation)

Achievements:

o "Power Techniques" Awards: 1st place (out of 300+ featured cars) @ the I.C.E. Category for the period 1998 – 2006 (November ’06 Greek issue)
o Qualification to the top-20 Greek tuned cars stage at Dunlop’s “Hottest Wheels” competition, within the context of Athens Tuning Show No. 3 (2007) [120+ competing cars]
o “Power Techniques” – “Top-5 Dyno Fighters” Monthly Competition / “1.800 – 2.000cc Turbo Tuned Cars Category” (July ’10 Greek issue): Position: 3rd

Stats (briefly) – Phase 3 (up to date):

@ 1,7 bars (1,85 bars overboost):
Power: (Flywheel / Wheels) : 570 – 590 Hp / 512 WHP @ 7.610 rpm
Torque (Flywheel / Wheels): 60,4 Kgr. / 53 Kgr. @ 5.680 rpm

Total weight (approximately): 1.600 Kgr. +
Existing modifications: 174

* Converted from Ford Focus mk 1 – 1.600cc 5d Trend S.I.P. Collection (’04)

- Page 1/12 -

- TBC (To Be Continued) -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:28 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

LEGEND:

STD: Standard equipment
P1: Phase-1 modifications (1.600cc N/A)
TP: Turbo-phases. Namely,Phase-2 (1.600cc turbo) + Phase-3 (2.000cc turbo) modifications

Costs category:

Κ1: 1 – 500 €
Κ2: 501 – 1000 €
Κ3: 1001 – 1500 €
K4: 1501 – 2000 €
Κ5: 2001+ €

Orange coloration: Indicates already purchased modifications which will be applied / installed in the next 15 days.

Blue coloration: Indicates parts which have already been ordered and will arrive in the next 30 days.

Red coloration: Indicates parts which are already installed and will be removed / replaced in the next 15 days

- Page 2/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:29 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

ECU adjustments & dynos of Ivan Project Car - Phases 1 & 2 (w/ Zetec SE 1.600 cc. engine installed):

Spring ’05

1st (non-turbo): HP: 122,4 Torque: 16,1 kgr.

04/11/05

2nd
(Turbo): @ 1,0 bar: HP: 270,0 Torque: 42,0 kgr.
[@ Mallioras Bros dyno]

Feb. ‘06

3rd
(Turbo): @ 1,18 bar (1,20 over-boost):
HP: 277,0 Torque: 43,0 kgr.
[@ Mallioras Bros dyno]

25/5/06

4th (Turbo): @ 1,14 bar (1,22 over-boost):
HP: 258,0 Torque: 38,0 kgr.
[@ Mallioras Bros dyno]

14/9/06

5th
(Turbo): @ 0,73 bar:
HP: 240,4 Torque: 31,5 kgr.

19/10/06

6th
(Turbo): @ 1,20 bar:
HP: 285,2 Torque: 33,6 kgr.
[@ “Powerland” dyno]

21/03/07

7th (Turbo): @ 1,50 bar:
HP: 280 / WHP: 251 @ 5.860 rpm
Torque (wheels): 32 kgr. @ 5.300 rpm
[dyno @ “Plex Tuning” – Yannis Andrianakis]

29/08/07

8th (Turbo): @ 1,50 bar:
HP: 312 / WHP: 280 @ 6.330 rpm
Torque (wheels): 34 kgr. @ 5.420 rpm
[dyno @ “Plex Tuning” – Yannis Andrianakis]

16/10/07

9th (Turbo): @ 1,50 bar:
HP: 321 @ 6.274 rpm
Torque: 38 kgr. @ 5.329 rpm
[dyno: “Dynomet Dk” – Option Press Publications]

01/02/08

10th (Turbo): @ 1,50 bar:
HP: 325 @ 6.270 rpm
Torque: 38 kgr. @ 5.320 rpm
[dyno: “Dynomet Dk” – Option Press Publications]

- Page 3/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:30 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

ECU adjustments & dynos of Ivan Project Car - Phase 3 (w/ Zetec E 2.000 cc turbo-engine installed):

01/04/09
1st: @ 1,8 bar & with 5th gear:
Power (flywheel / wheels): 550 Hp / 485 WHP @ 7.340 rpm
Torque (wheels): 49 Kgr. @ 6.280 rpm
[Dyno: Plex Tuning – Yannis Andrianakis]

04/06/09
2nd: @ 1.9 bar & with 5th gear:
Power (flywheel / wheels): 560+ Hp / 489 WHP @ 7.420 rpm
Torque (wheels): 51 Kgr. @ 6.240 rpm
Ambient temperature: 37oC

19/05/10
3rd (current): @ 1.70 bar (1,85 bar overboost) & with 5th gear:
Power (flywheel / wheels): 570 – 590 Hp / 512 WHP @ 7.610 rpm
Torque: 53 Kgr. @ 5.680 rpm
Ambient temperature: 27oC

- Page 4/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:31 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Labors - (11 mods):

1) I.C.E. development & installation

2) Workshop machining (J. Mattis Enginetech):
a) Cylinder boring
b) Bearings finishing – tolerance adjust
c) Crankshaft balancing
d) Cylinder head porting
e) 3-metal crankshaft bearings
f) 3-metal big-end bearings
g) Assembling
h) Block skimming
i) Head skimming

3) Turbo conversion

4) Brakes (installation)

5) Suspension installation

6) Fuel line manufacture for FPR + FPR installation
+ under-bonnet items installation

7) Thinning mods for: a) body-kit arches (outer side, by aprox. 2cm)
+ b) all 4 arches (inner side)

8) Miscellaneous paintjobs due to (extra) body-kit mods

9) oil-pressure gauge installation

10) Sump oil return line

11) Wheel bearing lathe machining

- Page 5/12 -

- TBC -

Trending Topics

Old 17-07-2010, 04:32 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Mechanic parts / Cylinder head / under bonnet items - (72 modifications):

• Stand alone Vi-Pec V-44 ECU + especially made (for Ford Focus) Tacho control module + custom loom + electrical parts + installation / programming / dyno by Plex Tuning (Yannis Andrianakis)
• Engine: From Ford Focus ST 170 (2.000cc // code # 13 76 753) Κ5

MOUNTS:
• Mount base (code # 10 76 912) + Metal reinforcement (code # 14 40 059) Κ1
• Engine mount (code # 11 46 296) for Ford Focus RS mk1 (by Ford) Κ1
• Rear engine mounts (x2) – upper and lower (on x-member) Κ1
• Engine silent blocks by Powerflex Κ1

• Alternator of 105 Ah (max. 120 Ah @ 6.800 rpm) by Motorcraft + belt by Ford (code # 10 49 613) Κ1
• Tension - pulley kit (code # 11 14 544) - by Ford Κ1
• External tension – pulley assembly with alloy-housing + ball bearing (code # 12 02 943) by Ford Κ1
• Gear shift lever (code # 45 56 688) + cable assembly - selector lever control (code # 44 86 724) - all by Ford Κ2
• External, adjusting, fuel pressure regulator A1000-6 by Aeromotive (part # 13109) + OEM pressure gauge K1
• Ignition coil for Ford Focus ST 170 / RS mk1 by Ford Κ1
• Battery: OPTIMA - "yellow top – YTS 4.2” (12v, Rate: 55Ah, deep cycle, maintenance free) K1
• Platinum plated battery poles (x2) by Phonocar (positive: “4/481”, negative: “4/482”) K1

Fuse boxes + fuses:
a) Under bonnet: Model “4/490” with volt gauge by Phonocar + ANL 150 Ah fuse
+
b) In trunk: i) Model “4/490” with Volt gauge by Phonocar + ANL 2 x 150 Ah fuse + custom leather wrapped wooden base
ii) Model Nr. “30.3801-01” (AGU gold) by C-quence
[K1]

Wires: a) Ground: Model “4/291” by Phonocar (2m)
b) Power: Μodel "4/313" from the “Platinum Line” series by Phonocar (1 AWG // 50mm2 // 7m)
c) Power: Model “Powerline” by Alphatech (4 AWG // 2m)
[K1]

Garrett GT 3582 [BB] (code #: CN: 714568 – 5003S // LB: 8649Z)
Max. HP: 500 - 650
Compressor Wheel: Trims: 56mm // Inducer: 61,4mm // Major: 82mm
Compressor Housing: Inlet: 70mm // Outlet: 50mm // A/R: 0,70
Turbine Wheel: Trim: 84mm // Wh. Dia.: 68mm // A/R: 0,63
Exhaust Housing: Inlet flange: T3-turbine
Outlet flange: 4 bolt turbine
A/R: 0,63
[K3]

• Alloy inox exhaust manifold (with high resistance to extreme temperatures) by N.S. Racing K3
• Alloy inox downpipe (Φ. 80) by N.S. Racing Κ2
• Exhaust pipe (Φ.80) + 2 silencers (all made with alloy inox) by N.S. Racing Κ2
• Custom alloy inlet manifold with larger plenum: Developed – manufactured – installed by Hercules parts K1
• Custom alloy injection rail by Hercules parts K1
• Wastegate (external) model “V 44” by TIAL in silver color (Counter Bore: 1,875” Inlet / 1,750” Discharge, chamfered edges), plus 2x TIAL springs, with 1 bar total setting (“Large Green” = 0,8 bars + “Small Yellow” = 0,2 bars) Κ2
• Turbo pipes: a) Φ.60: From turbo to I/C & b) Φ.70: From I/C to throttle body – both by N.S. Racing K1
• Cone air-filter (100mm) by BMC K1
• Silicone hoses (boost, etc.) by Samco and Forge K1
• Hose clips by Würth K1
• Engine gaskets for Ford Focus ST 170 (all by Ford) K1
• Head gasket (0.5mm with O-ring) for Ford Focus ST170 (by Ford) K1
• Water pump (by Ford) K1
• Low temp thermostat by Ford K1
• Lower radiator hose from Ford Focus RS mk1 K1
• Metal heater pipes (custom) + heater hoses Φ. 18 / Φ. 16 K1
• Injectors (x 4), 1.000cc, by SARD (code # 63518) Κ2
• Metallic boost, vacum & fuel supply hoses K1
“Nissen” type I/C by Ordońez (front mounted, air-to-air, & high-flow) for 650+ Hp with 68x38x6,2 cm dimensions, having a 50x36x62 cm cell, and with Φ.12 pipes (imported from U.S.A.), plus a modified upper section by Hercules parts Κ2
• Throttle body (manufactured in the U.K.) made of alloy inox (Φ. 80) and with ball bearings, adaptor, and a Φ.90 hose K1
• Oil cooler by Setrab K1
• Forged pistons (x 4) for Ford Focus RS mk1 (84,8 mm) by Accralite Κ3
Arrow billet rods (set, balanced) K4
ARP head bolts K1

• Custom camshaft-set by Cat Cams (code # 2291017):
Cam base diameter: 38,2mm
Clearance: 0,25mm / 0,25mm (intake / exhaust)
Duration: a) [0,1mm + cl.]: 277o / 262o (int. / exh.)
b) [1,0mm + cl.]: 243 o / 224o (int. / exh.)
Valve lift [cl. = 0]: 12,00mm / 10,80mm (int. / exh.)
Peak angle: 110o / 120o (int. / exh.)
Timing [1,0mm + cl.]: 11/52o (int.) / 52/-8o
Lift @ TDC {cl. = 0]: 2,65mm / 0,55mm (int. / exh.)
Intake camshaft: For use without vanos-system
+
Camshaft Pulley (cancels Vanos)
Retainers (custom setup “A”) by Cat Cams
Valve springs (custom setup “A”) by Cat Cams
[Κ3]

• Camshaft tension-belt for Ford Focus ST 170 (by Ford) K1
• Followers K1
• Boost gauge / EGT gauge: model # 403-Α053 (meter control unit) + # 403- A961 (EGT white) + # 403-A955 (Boost KPA white) from the EL-II Limited Edition Series (System Meters “EL Digital Network”) by Apex-i K2
• Oil pressure gauge: From the EL-II Limited Edition Series (code # 403-A963) by Apex-i K1
• Fuel pump No.1: By Walbro (265 lt. / h) + adaptors + filters K1
• Fuel pump No.2: (operating simultaneously): Code # 0580 254 044 by Bosch (300 lt. / h // max.: 6,5 bar) K1
• Fuel line for pump + injection rail K1
• Custom alloy tank + fuel pump pre-filter by FIAT K1
• Iridium Spark plugs (x4) – model ITV 27 by Denso K1
• Spark plug wires (8,5 mm) KV-85 for Ford Focus RS mk1, by Magnecor K1
• Open-type single-piston dump valve (50mm) with pink spring (=12 psi / 0,82 bar), by TIAL K1
• Racing cat, “Motorsport”-type, (made in Germany) with 100 cpi (up to 600 Hp) – by AGS K2
• Breather tank, model GRV-12003506 (1lt., Φ.9) by GReddy K1
• Water, oil, and misc hoses K1
• Construction of a custom 3-point front alloy strut bar with custom round alloy mounts – all by Hercules parts K1
• Stainless steel fuse box cover by Torquesteer K1
• Brakes-fluid tank + cap (both made by stainless steel) by Torquesteer K1
• Power steering fluid-tank + cap (both made by stainless steel) by Torquesteer K1
• Header tank with see-through glass + cap (both made by stainless steel) by Torquesteer K1
Stainless steel washer bottle tank + cap by Torquesteer
• Intake air temperature-sensor (part no. # 5972332) taken from Fiat Punto GT (installed at the intake pipe) K1
• Idle valve by Bosch K1
• Engine oil pump for Ford Focus ST 170 (by Ford) K1
• Starter for Ford Focus ST 170 (by Ford) K1
• Custom A/C pipes K1
• Radiator hoses (upper + lower) K1
• Speedo sensor K1
• 2nd water temperature sensor (for accurate reading) K1
• 3-bar MAP-sensor by Marelli K1
• Ignition coil (CDI, 4-way) XPS-4 by MW Κ2
• Radiator fan (2nd) with diam.: 25-28 cm. + radiator fan (3rd) with diam.: 20 cm. (both by SPAL) + relays (x2) + new wiring layout by Kateyiannis Panayiotis Κ2

- Page 6/12 -

- TBC -

Last edited by zlatky; 09-12-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 17-07-2010, 04:33 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Transmission - (15 mods):

• Single clutch disk (240 mm, 6-paddle, 470 lb) + pressure plate + bearing (all by AP Racing) K3
• Gearbox for Ford Focus RS mk1 (code # 13 04 012 – by Ford) with ATB Limited Slip Differential by Quaife + gearbox bearings from Ford Focus RS mkI (code # 12 14 775) – all by Ford Κ5
• Upper gearbox mount (code # 11 33 020) by Ford Κ1
• Clutch release hub + bearing (code # 43 58 475) for Ford Focus ST 170 (by Ford) Κ1
• Lower gearbox mount (torque restrictor) - code # 11 02 416 (by Ford) Κ1
• Clutch pressure plate (extra) by AP Racing K1
• Single mass flywheel + mount (all from Ford Focus RS mk1) K1
• Clutch pump for Ford Focus RS mk1 + lower clutch spring (code # 1076905) – all by Ford K1
• Power steering pump (code # 45 29 171) + its’ relevant pulley (code # 10 53 151) + pump bracket (code # 11 39 196) – all by Ford Κ2

From Ford Focus ST 170 & RS mk1:

• Half axle drive shaft (right) - code # 11 39 963 K2
• Half axle drive shaft No2 (right) from Ford Focus RS mk1 + shaft mount Κ2
• Half axle drive shaft (left) - code # 11 39 964 Κ1
• Knuckle (right) - code # 43 56 608 Κ1
• Knuckle (left) - code # 43 56 607 Κ1
• Wheel hub (x2) - code # 13 33 147 Κ1

Suspension - (2 mods):

• Anti-roll bars (front – rear) by H&R K1
• Coil-over (monotube, nitrogen filled, with adjustable top mounts) DT2 by Hot Bits (for Ford Focus mk1) + longer springs (230-30, 60/86) by Hot Bits + drilling of top mount reinforcement plates + under top mounts reinforcement plates + custom rear spring spacers from acetal (Φ. 61, 2cm height) by Hercules parts Κ5

- Page 7/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:35 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Exterior Modifications - (18 mods):

[STD] Xenon HID (OEM Ford)
• Χenon bulbs (6k Kelvin) D2S by Arcmen K1
[STD] Fog lights (OEM Ford)
[STD] “Quickclear” heated windshield with heated washers (OEM Ford)
• Rear lights – model 913 by Hella [K1] + with double layer painting in black color (DMS-design), and diluted coating with white / “gold” pearls by Design Perfection
• Hood “Mach 5” by Graham Goode (for Ford Focus RS mk1) + steel mesh for ducts by Louis Auto Tuning K3
• Hood paint by Design Perfection: a) Outer side: black base color (double layer), DMS-design, with diluted coating and with white / “gold pearls” b) Inner side: mat black color K1
• Body-kit custom paintjob (except hood) in custom color (consisting of 2 different blues and 1 coral green shade) plus various body-kit details – all by Design Perfection Κ5
• Window tint films by Madico: 5 x ON 20-XSR + 1 x ΟN 55-XSR (for windshield) pieces. Installation by Costas Yiannikelis K1
• “Smoked” side repeaters K1
• Custom “Ivan” hood & boot badges, by Torquesteer K1
• Carbon fibre roof spoiler by H&R K2
• Wide (5dr) full body kit “Mk1 Zion” (# 105450-1) from the U.K., + body-kit modifications by Leonidas Lavdas + metallic mesh + internal custom fog-lights brackets by Design Perfection Κ5
• Aerial “Samurai” by Autostyle K1
• Front-shield wipers-set (code # 1354282) by Ford K1
• Fuel cap-cover TR / Z by Simoni Racing K1
• Customized stickers (yellow) of ŤIvan Project Carť main modifying Houses and technicians, by Bolonakis Group K1
• Fog lights with Gear’s Xenon-kit (H3 lamps, 6k Kelvin) K1
• Badges: Chrome “SE” initials on the trunk + “RS” badges (x2) – all by Torquesteer K1
• “RS” anti-theft valve caps by Torquesteer K1
• Rear right door airbrush paintjob by Extreme-motopainting K1

- Page 8/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:36 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Interior modifications – (19 mods):

[STD] Full leather interior
[STD] Clima (Ford OEM)
• White dial kit by Speedhut (custom-made / patent pending), with: 10k rpm tachometer & 280Km/h speedometer, double color lighting (blue / turquoise), & light adjusting switch K1
• Leather gear gaiter – model: “G7 111/A-black leather/blue addition” by Simoni Racing K1
• Pedals + footrest : Model “Stealth Airmetal Top” by momo K1
• Silver-colored handbrake knob by momο K1
• Nickel gear lever-surround K1
• Mats (x4): Model “TSRFFO-4” by Simoni Racing K1
• Lighted custom case at right boot dome, made by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1
• Central column polyester construction for housing boost, exhaust temp, and oil pressure gauges, made by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1
• Polyester frame construction (leftwards from the central panel) for installing the turbo controller made by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1
• Polyester facade construction (around the speedometer / tachometer area) + faux leather coating, made by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1
• Bucket seats (x2) Sparco “Milano” (model ’06): Black leathered, with lumbar adjustment, alloy runners (for back & forth movement), back and legs adjustments (for both driver and co-driver) + mounts + 4-point racing belts model “SR 901283 E” by Sabelt + runners for the belts Κ5
• Custom door sill plates (x4) by Torquesteer K1
• Carbon look tax disc-holder, by Torquesteer K1
• Digital Navigation System: S 1000 by TiBO + amplifying antenna Κ2
• Interior lighting by CTD (Car Tuning Development) consisting of 2 single lines of blue-led rods by Lampa + illuminating (blue) “on-off” switch by Pro-type K1
• Black & mauve Connolly-type leather-coating at the steering wheel and door cartons, by Autostop K1
• Bluetooth hands-free car-kit Parrot MKi 9100 K1
• Custom MDF boot-floor with vinyl leather and fiberglass coating [designed and constructed by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr)] + lighting with 2x 30cm blue-neon tubes by Foliatec K2
• Custom polyester case (at the right cup holder) by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1

Rims / Tyres – (2 mods):

• Rims: O.Z. Racing – Canova BD (8x19”, 5x108, ET 38), silver color K4
• Tyres: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric – 225/35/19 K3

- Page 9/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:37 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Brakes / Safety systems – (18 mods):

[STD] ΤCS (Ford OEM)
[STD] ESP (Ford OEM)
• Brakes: [All the following modifications that are custom, have been made by Hercules parts]

I) Front:

a) 6 – piston calipers by Galfer K3
b) Custom Φ.369mm x 28mm alloy drilled disks with alloy hats K1
c) CNC lathe-machined alloy hats + bolts K1
d) Custom alloy caliper adaptors (x 2) + bolts K1
e) Βrake pads “Tuning Line” (model "1055" / "199 21 00" for 6 piston-calipers) by Galfer K1
f) Custom spacers set (45mm), made by “7075” alloy-type (CNC lathe machined) K1
g) Custom wheel bolts K1
● h) Stainless steel brake-lines by Goodridge K1
● i) Wheel bolts (x 8) 14mm from Ford Transit K1
● j) ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluids K1

II) Rear: OEM single-piston calipers were sustained, along with the following modifications:

a) Custom Φ.300mm x 10mm alloy solid disks with alloy hats K1
b) CNC lathe-machined alloy hats + bolts K1
c) Custom alloy caliper adaptors (x 2) + bolts K1
● d) Brake pads by ATE
e) Stainless steel brake-lines by Goodridge
f) Custom spacers set (50mm) made by “7075” alloy-type (CNC lathe machined) +
g) Custom wheel bolts K1

• Park Assist: DESO “Parking Assistance System A-2651” K1
• Car-alarm: Clifford 590.2 + spare key with immobilizer K2
• Car tracking system (GPS & GSM Pager) Ampire Loc 100 K1
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) “E-109S” by Orange Electronic K1

- Page 10/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:38 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

I.C.E. – (17 mods):

• CD-Player: DEX – P90 RS by PIONEER K3
• Equalizer: DEQ – P90 by PIONEER K2
• Amp: X 2400.2 (4-channel/high-end) by BRAX K3
[P1] Speakers: 165 K2P by FOCAL [2-way kit // both woofer & voice-coil: 165mm/6, ˝”// magnet: 100mm (4”) // TN-52 tweeter // tioxid 5 inverted dome // 12/18dB/oct. (3,8KHz) // 2-way separate crossover (adjustable high and mid-levels) // max.-power: 200W // Nom.-power: 100W // Sensitivity: (2,83V / 1m): 92,5dB // Freq. response: 65Hz – 22Khz] [K2]
• Subwoofer: 27 ΚΧ by FOCAL K2
[P1] Front door panels (x2) for the speakers by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1
[P1] Custom tweeter panels (for the front columns), by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1

[P1] Sound deadener: Original by DYNAMAT: a) Front: 5 sheets [2,5 sheets / door] + b) Rear: 4 sheets [2 sheets/ door] [K1]

• Capacitor: E-Cap by BRAX (2 Farad, high-capacity stabilizer w/ electr. protection) K1
[P1] BRAX-multicontroller K1
[P1] Custom panel for the display of BRAX-multicontroller, by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1

[P1] Signal cables: [K1]
a) Monster Cable: Interlink 400 MkII- Advanced Bandwidth Balanced Audio Interconnect (9m)
b) Monster Cable: M 550i (9m)

[P1] Audio cabels: [K1]
a) Monster Cable: Studio Pro 1000 (13m)
b) Monster Cable: M 1.2s (2m)

[P1] RCA jacks-turbine [x4 pairs] K1
[P1] Custom polyester case in the trunk (by Dragiotis Andreas – www.dragiotis.gr) for the amplifier, multicontroller, and capacitor, with 2 blowers and lighting with 3x blue neon-tubes K1
[P1] Custom subwoofer box (in the trunk), by Dragiotis Andreas (www.dragiotis.gr) K1
[P1] My avatar + nick etching on the fiberglass of the polyester box K1

- Page 11/12 -

- TBC -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:39 PM
zlatky

Exclamation

Special thanks to:

Vangelis & Stratos Manoukis (“Manoukis Tuning”)
Andreas Dragiotis (www.dragiotis.gr)
Yiannis Andrianakis (“Plex Tuning”)
Heracles Karanasios (“Hercules parts”)
Stelios Panayiotaras (“N.S. Racing”)
Yorgos Katranis (“Design Perfection”)
Yorgos Bolonakis (“Bolonakis Group”)
Alexandros Latanis, Vassilis Gregoriades, & all the guys who helped from clubford.gr !

- Page 12/12 -

- END OF IVAN PROJECT CAR MOD-LIST! -
Old 17-07-2010, 04:47 PM
zlatky

Following, is a selection of articles and photos concerning presentations of Ivan at various (Greek) tuning mags (both past and more recent):

FromPowerTechniques” (November 05 Greek issue - I.C.E. presentation) article:

Last edited by zlatky; 17-07-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 17-07-2010, 05:00 PM
zlatky

From "MaxPower" (March ’08 Greek issue – cover page + total presentation along with a VCD):

Old 17-07-2010, 05:09 PM
zlatky

Some more pics from the above mentioned presentation:

Old 17-07-2010, 05:18 PM
bubs_rsturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

totally amazing! your story is an ispiration!
Old 17-07-2010, 05:19 PM
zlatky

From Athens Tuning Show No. 2 – “Top 100” pavilion (20 – 24/09/06):

Old 17-07-2010, 05:28 PM
zlatky

From Athens Tuning Show No. 3 – “Top 100” pavilion (26 – 30/09/07):

[Day 1]:

Old 17-07-2010, 05:37 PM
zlatky

Qualification to the top-20 Greek tuned cars stage at Dunlop’s “HottestWheels” competition, within the context of Athens Tuning ShowNo. 3 (2007) [120+ competing cars]:

Old 17-07-2010, 05:50 PM
zlatky

“PowerTechniques” Awards: 1st place (out of 300+ featured cars!) @ the I.C.E. Category for the period 1998 – 2006 (November ’06 Greek issue):

Old 17-07-2010, 06:09 PM
zlatky

Talking

The 100th modification milestone was reached at my friend's Andreas Dragiotis work-place (don't ask me when tho - seems like ages ago! lol!), who also happens to be Ivan's I.C.E. installer / sound engineer / "polyester magician" / etc.! Well, that...achievement called for a celebration!...:

Well, the pressure after all these months of working, and modifying, kinda took their toll on me so after the cake was consumed I needed *something* to "keep me goin'!"...:

Bahahahahahaha!!!...

.................................................. .................................................. ..
P.S.1: DON'T try any of these stunts at home! You might sustain backspine and nose injuries!! (roflmao!)

P.S.2: No drugs were used ofc!!! (just in case someone thought so! lawl!!)

P.S.3: No emissions were "consumed" either!!! :-Pp
Old 17-07-2010, 06:21 PM
zlatky

Ivan's latest mag-presentation (7 pages long) was on "XL"-mag (July '10) issue. The actual shooting took place on June 15th, and following is a selection from the 110 (!!) pics that were taken that day. The 45oC (!!) weather kinda exhausted all of us, but I guess it was well worth the trouble!...:

Old 17-07-2010, 06:30 PM
zlatky

Old 17-07-2010, 06:37 PM
zlatky

Old 17-07-2010, 06:40 PM
zlatky

Well, I guess that will do for a...day's reading ()!...Feel free to ask anything you'd like concerning this project!...

...Until the next time, take care and keep modding!
Old 17-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Zanderford
Advanced PassionFord User

im still struggling for words tbh thats quite amazing considering you knew nowt about cars
fair play chap

zander
Old 18-07-2010, 08:37 AM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that is amazing power for a front wheel drive car ,hell for any two wheel drive car well done its amazing what you can do when you persevere
Old 18-07-2010, 09:05 AM
ital_cossie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

top project!!!!
Old 18-07-2010, 11:50 AM
wess-rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Just sick!! Love it!
Old 18-07-2010, 12:07 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tuned to the max
Old 18-07-2010, 06:45 PM
zlatky

Thumbs up

@ Zander:

Yeap, I've come a loooong way since my "early modding days" indeed, mate-hehe! But what I enjoy the most, is the looks on people's faces that drive cars like BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Honda, etc., when they drive in the left lane like my grandmother, and refuse (!) to move rightwards when I am behind them!...It's kinda...priceless when they start accelerating but after some Km i am...still there, you know?! So, the usual...ending is them moving rightwards, finally, and looking with awe a...Focus disappearing in the horizon!...Oh, yes - and with my little girl's empty bucket all buckled-up in the rear seat too!!! (hahahahaha! )

.................................................. ..............................................
Thanks for all your comments guys - I really appreciate 'em! I wish for all of you that one day you'll drive with pride your (modded) dream-car!
Old 18-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Zanderford
Advanced PassionFord User

i was a little confused for a minute then i realised you drive on the wrong side of the road
wish i had the money to do somthing similar
Old 18-07-2010, 07:17 PM
zlatky

Lol!...Well, I was referring to multiple-lane highways actually at the post above. Apart from that, in a typical 2-lane single road, the "right way" is driving on the *right* lane here in Greece (as opposed to the left lane in the U.K. and elsewhere, heh!)

P.S.: I didn't have the money either, mind you. That's why it took me 5,5+ years to finish (?) the whole project! Apart from money, tho, you need *tons* of patience / free time / luck / knowledge, and, ofc, to know the right ppl for the right mods to be done! Yeap, (decent) modding ain't easy at all, as some ppl think!
Old 18-07-2010, 07:31 PM
zlatky

Lots of folks ask me "how does your car sounds?" Well, I ain't into the "video-taping" thing at all (I've only recently managed to upload my 1st vid on youtube actually-lol!), but I promise I'll post more vids when I get the hang of my new camera!...

...Until then, I post a link below which is an excerpt from Ivan's latest dyno-procedure at Option Press Publishing * in-house dyno. This was done for the needs of Ivan's latest mag-presentation ("XL"-mag. See previous posts also).

Njoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIBdwgW-uGw

* The biggest publishing House here in Greece for tuning mags.

Last edited by zlatky; 18-07-2010 at 07:33 PM.