Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

my baby frst called MAX (h202 XAM) small update. got new shell

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:12 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my baby frst called MAX (h202 XAM) small update. got new shell

hi there guys and girls this is the second addition to the family (cossie i got after this one). theres abit of a story behind this one and i will tell it all as this one is the one i love the most, this car realy does tick ALL of my boxes and will tick even more when shes done.

right here goes, after the bad luck with my xr2i i decidided it would be good to get a really nice car that doesnt need any work so i could consentrate on my xr2i, so i set about saving up and looking for nothing else but a black fiesta rs turbo still wearing the green pin stripes. nothing for ages and then still too soon because it was way out of my price range but i just had to have it. so i got begging my dad to loan me the rest of the money. i was begging with no good results for 3 weeks and then i reluctantly gave up and just begged it was still for sale by the time i got the money. one more week past and my dad come in to my room one morning and made my dream come true!!! so off we were on the 11th of may 2008 we got on the road to cornwall to collect her after a long chat with the owner he promised it was a nice soild mint well modded well looked after rs, as it was a very long way for me to travel and we set a price of 3500. We turned up at this realy nice little cottage and the first thing i saw was the most beautiful car in the world, the second thing i saw just killed so many emotions. it was rotten, the filler cap was the worst id ever seen (looked alot better in pics) i also poked holes in the rear inner arches and the was rust spots everywere, but he put a smile back on my face by taking me for a drive due to rust we settled on 3200 and the deal was done

here the spec as bought,

engine

lightend and balanced rebuilt bottom end
stage 3 c.h.d. big valve head with kent cv34 cam
multilayer head gasket (replaced with gen ford item by me)
ported intlet manifold
stage 2 turbo technics t2 turbo with uprated actuator running 14psi
bleed valve
grs front mount cooler
bailey blow off dump valve
pace alloy rad and kenlowe fan
165 chip
samco coolant and boost hoses
grs group A oil breather
k&n filter
3" scorpion exhaust and downpipe

transmission, suspention and brakes

stage 2 geartouque gearbox with quafe atb
ap racing paddle clutch

koni sports suspention
front and rear polly bushes
front and rear polly strut top mounts
front and rtear strut braces

300mm gold hispec front brakes
rear disc convertion with saph calipers and drilled and grooved discs
braided brake lines
dot 5.1 fluid
16" oz multispoke wheels with 205/40/16 dunlop sp sport tyres

interior

original and mint
lockwood white dials
boost gauge in A pillar pod

exterior

GREEN PINSTRIPES
smoked rear lights (cringe)

heres the first pics

all was good for a while and i was loving rs ownership and then the cambelt decided to let go while idling at work!it only bent two valves luckily, heres some pics of that escapade

i did re polish up the head aswel but dont know where pics are

once back on the road about a month past all was good i had just found out that my mrs was pregnant with my son and was taking her to work at 6am (so not driving like a dick) on the same roundabout that the xr2i got smacked on it happened again!!! This time i was coming down the bypass near were i live and slow right down eventhough the road was empty (mrs in car) got on to the roundabout and just as i was about to turn off i see this green sack of shit punto come flying in from the left the driver clearly shitting himself so i braked and turned to lighten the blow and when he hit he paniced and carried on turn right into me so i got pushed onto th roundabout straight upo the curb and airbourne, with my mrs now shitting herself i was suprisingly calm, i can just remember thinking not again no not again!!!
i got out and looked at the damage, i had a dented nearside wig, broken mirror, scratched bumper, and the offside wheel was fucked. i then went over to the car and he was sitting on the rev limter so i opened the door and took his keys out. then he burst out crying saying hes only been driving 2 weeks. i guess it haddent hit me yet but i just gave him a lecture about driving like an absolute wanker even though its 6am and let him go.

after that happened i new id need to take her of the road to repair id so i striped the interior to check how bad the rot was. what i found made me decide it just needed a shell spruce up (oh how wrong was i???)
hears some pics

as i started to strip the car for the body resto it just got worse and worse were ever i turned so a full resto is on the cards.

The quick plan is to retrore car to mint condition and rarely use it (just sunny weekends and shows) im going to redo the spec sheet because at the end of the day its a nice setup but not MY setup..
heres some pics of the strip down thanks to my mate terry it got done quick.

pretty bad aint it? at this point iwas going to repair it all and bought all new panel apart from front panel and set about fitting them. i first cut off the nearside rear quarter panel and found alot more rot and when i followed it, it went so far it had completly eaten the chassis rails and rear arches, nearside and offside front floor, baisicly it would need alot of metal work which i could do but with 3 cars i just dont have the time and id also need to make a jig. so bollocks to that. as it stands now is ive removed that vin numbers and plates and scraped the shell and sorced a rustless fiesta si for 500 quid which im currently striping. i didnt take pics of the rot that killed it coz its just too painfull to see seeing as how despiratly i wanted this car. ill get some pics of the new shell when striped thanks for your time folks

Last edited by jon_ross; 05-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

Good luck with the build
Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 AM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love black frst's. If it was mine I'd go back to the original lights
Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck with it mate will be worth it in the end

Brian
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

thanks for comms guys, im defo changing lights but dont know weather to go for standard, standard but half tinted or german spec?? i keep changing my mind
Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
fiestaturbo1984
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looked fooked mate, id have wanted to knock off more than £300 even if it did drive nice, hopefully you can turn it around but the only prob with reshelling is it will never be an actual rs
Old 11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
wess-rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Good luck with the rebuild!!

Trending Topics

Old 11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Zetec_mk4_XR3i
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

very strong money for that condition mate but it was obv what you wanted, good on you for stickin with it though, love a black FRST
Old 11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As above black frst look really nice,but that is alot of money you paid for it in that condition. they really do rust badly.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by fiestaturbo1984
that looked fooked mate, id have wanted to knock off more than £300 even if it did drive nice, hopefully you can turn it around but the only prob with reshelling is it will never be an actual rs
it didnt look that bad when i bought it other wise i would of walked away i priced it up as a customers car (im a mechanic) and saw 300 quids worth, he took it straight away so he probly new it was rott

as for the shell i know it wont be genuine rs but lets face it, it was the only way to keep the car on the road and i would end up replacing most of the shell so i wouldnt be genuine anyway, plus i know i will never sell this car anyway its mine forever
Old 11-12-2009, 05:53 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Zetec_mk4_XR3i
very strong money for that condition mate but it was obv what you wanted, good on you for stickin with it though, love a black FRST
i know it makes me feel sick wen i think about it, i should of walked away and got a nice clean cheepish one and modded it myself
Old 11-12-2009, 05:55 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Robs Frst
As above black frst look really nice,but that is alot of money you paid for it in that condition. they really do rust badly.
bad aint the word, its more like lancia beta!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
murfs frst

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that is a fairly rotten shell there mate,as they say once bitten,good luck with the build standard exterior all the way
Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
tezmanian devil

lol
about bloody time you got this one up, suprised you didn't do this one first to be honest...?

bastard, i swear i always get that job when im helping you on ya festa's lol

you should ditch the saph shell down that garage and haul your festa upto the unit and get it done fucka, bollox to the saph i say $
dont put the tinted window's back in either, they looked gash
Old 12-12-2009, 10:12 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

good look mate i think you have a lot of work to do on that shell all the best
Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by tezmanian devil
lol
about bloody time you got this one up, suprised you didn't do this one first to be honest...?

bastard, i swear i always get that job when im helping you on ya festa's lol

you should ditch the saph shell down that garage and haul your festa upto the unit and get it done fucka, bollox to the saph i say $
dont put the tinted window's back in either, they looked gash
fuck u bitch,,lol

i didnt do i first coz i was dreading how long it would take (4 hours)
ill bring the fiesta up the unit when gary glitter moves out of his unit. i dont want to give up the saph they look soooo fit in norvle red with escos 18"s. and if i dont build that one it will be ages before i get one

this fiesta will be a slow build due to the saph and also it has to be flawlessly perfect

by the way i spoke to pete earlier and he said the first show your in is central day in march!! best pull your finger out of your fanny aye!!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:49 PM
tezmanian devil

ah but it is you that need's to crack on now ya sod, need you to sort the bloody wireing, but oooohhhhhhh noooo! working on jap crap instead, traiter

but seriously though, central day in march, having a laugh aint he lol, dont think i can afford to have it reprayed between now and march, + pay for mapping and anything else i come up against
no rush eh
Old 05-02-2010, 12:53 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

small but long over due update,

ive got the si shell striped of all major parts (it still needs some small bits removing but im not worried about that atm, heres some pics of the new shell

and this is the only rot i found but its 1 million times better than the old shell

the next stage in the build after stripping the shell is to mock fit all the
suspention componts so i can fit the escos wheels and drop on the floor and set ride hight with jacks as im using shocks with no springs so i can fine adjust the ride height as if it was complete (i used large washers and jubilee clips on the shock sanctions to clamp the hight in position so i modify the wheel arches to acommadate the 215/40/16 tyres (no shite steched 195's for me thank you very much). once that is done ill fit the the bumpers and arches and skirts a modify the arches so the wheels dont scrub.
so far all ive done is fitted the steering rack and suspention components, and wheels then put it on the ground so the hight is not set yet but it does look phat and i had a ear to ear grin for the rest of the day

heres some pics, tell me wot you think

ill try to get more done sooner but im breaking cars to make ends meet atm plus ive got my red fez craving my attention again and the saph to put together. headaches aint the word but im a true ford boy through and through
Old 05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
H7 CYA

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This one certainly looks better that the black 1.... good luck with the build!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Dunc Maclean

looks good mate!

are u going to repait the new shell black and refit the green strips etc? so it looks like an original turbo? cos original turbos looks foooking mint!

Dunc
Old 05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Dunc Maclean
looks good mate!

are u going to repait the new shell black and refit the green strips etc? so it looks like an original turbo? cos original turbos looks foooking mint!

Dunc
yea mate its baisicly going to look exactly the same as before but it will sit on escos rims and have a higher spec
Old 05-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

New shell looks great
Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

New shell looks a lot better than the last, but wasnt hard to be better was it lol

will look lovely on the coss rims also, good thread
Old 05-02-2010, 07:50 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

cheers for comms peeps,
minirotty i know what you mean!!
these fiestas are known for rotting but ive never seen one that bad
i just couldnt risk doing all the work and spending all that money for the car to just tramp down the road and handle like shit so a new shell was the most senseible way about it
cheers guys
Old 28-11-2010, 08:32 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

hello peeps long time no see

right hears the score

saph is gone (never should have bothered with it in the first place)

the xr2i is built and running but is showing problems again (only small but just annoying) and as my mrs is expecting my 2nd son the xr just aint big enough for 2 kids and a double buggy so ive got a cheap mondy for the family runs and as i cant face selling the xr im going to break it and keep the shell for a track car idea i have

im going to fund some of the very patent rs build with the money i make from the xr and get it done by the end of 2011 as i really miss this car

dont worry im going to do the rs before the xr i promise

the plan is to go through and sort out and sell all the bits in my garage not including the rs bits this year and then get cracking on with the rs in the new year so watch this thread and if you want any bits off my xr2i then just pm me (its all going apert from the shell)
Old 29-11-2010, 12:26 AM
crumpet

personally i think your mad for payin £3200 for a rotten t2 frst, but at least youve got a better shell now, looks awesome with standard arches and escos rims
Old 29-11-2010, 12:33 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

If i had viewed that car i would have offered him 1500 quid! 3200 is a silly price to pay for a rotten fiesta turbo but hopefully you have learned your lesson lol! at least your building this one yourself and you know the condition of the shell to start with! good luck with the project mate!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:44 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

the problem was i did think it was that rotten and what i saw on that day didnt seem that bad and i am a mechanic/welder so welding doesnt cost me allot

its going to be exactly the same as before but mint and on black cossie rims and matt black leather interior
Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM
mr noisy
Regular Contributor

Think you should sell the cossie wheels to me to fund your project matey
Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

sold them to steve with the blue fiesta coz the paint wasnt good enough
Old 02-12-2010, 10:57 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

like what your doing so far but using a 3.5 shell will devalue it, theres a red frsts needs piant on FT.com?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 AM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOW MUCH! even tho it looks like it has some nice bits on it, i wouldnt have paid that, reshelling will just devalue it but you prob allready know this, cant wait to see the progress good luck
Old 03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
tezmanian devil

I'd actually forgotten what that toilet looked like tbh, get it done man, Stop pissing about!!!!
I wana thrash ya in my escort when they're both finally finished
get the mondeo goin asap and get shot of the 2i, it's jus keeping ya from getting on with the rs...
Old 04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

hi peeps i know it will devalue it but it will never be for sale so i dont really care and it will cost me far more than what i could sell it for anyway

terry you cheeky bastard get it done?? i could say the same to you about your janky old escort!! i bet mine will run before yours at the rate your going

still youll only lose badly when we race and youll only have to clean my underside when you loose!! lol
Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
focus 4x4
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those escort rims look decent on the fiesta!