Old 05-02-2010, 12:53 PM
jon_ross
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

small but long over due update,

ive got the si shell striped of all major parts (it still needs some small bits removing but im not worried about that atm, heres some pics of the new shell

and this is the only rot i found but its 1 million times better than the old shell

the next stage in the build after stripping the shell is to mock fit all the
suspention componts so i can fit the escos wheels and drop on the floor and set ride hight with jacks as im using shocks with no springs so i can fine adjust the ride height as if it was complete (i used large washers and jubilee clips on the shock sanctions to clamp the hight in position so i modify the wheel arches to acommadate the 215/40/16 tyres (no shite steched 195's for me thank you very much). once that is done ill fit the the bumpers and arches and skirts a modify the arches so the wheels dont scrub.
so far all ive done is fitted the steering rack and suspention components, and wheels then put it on the ground so the hight is not set yet but it does look phat and i had a ear to ear grin for the rest of the day

heres some pics, tell me wot you think

ill try to get more done sooner but im breaking cars to make ends meet atm plus ive got my red fez craving my attention again and the saph to put together. headaches aint the word but im a true ford boy through and through