General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FTAO all new years DIETERS....please read

Search this Thread

Old 27-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default FTAO all new years DIETERS....please read

Theres bound to be a few people of here say they are going to go on a diet in the new year. Can i make a suggestion...

Right. Most of you will have probably done most diets before, slim fast, weight watchers, atkins etc...and if your going on a diet in the new year then have they worked? Obviously not

Right. www.lighterlife.co.uk. Go on that web site and have a read. This diet is fantastic. It take A LOT of commitment but the results are amazing.

Basically, you only drink/eat the supplied packs per week with the diet, and drink water..plenty of water in fact. Some people come out with the crap '' that can't be good for you not eating at all''..well why?

All you are doing is the job your body does BEFORE you put the food in your mouth. The packs contain ALL vitamins and minerals you need to survive. Your body then burns its fat as energy.

The first week or so is the hardest as you are widthdrawing from eating, but once you get over the initial period it becomes THE EASIEST DIET EVER...because you KNOW exactly what you are have everyday...instead of counting calories, watching what ya eating all the time etc etc..youve done the diets you know the score.

How do i know it works? Lindsay(my wife to those who dont know) started the diet in september...around the 3rd or so. She has just finished it and has lost 4 stone 3 pounds. She looks amazing and feels amazing. She can just go shopping and pick clothes up knowing they will fit..much to my wallets dissapointment lol...no im happy for her... its nice to see her blooming

Shes always been bigger than average since i met her, a thing i like as i dont like bones, but as some people may remember she had meningitus a while ago and for some reason, probably phsycological more than medical, banged weight on....you just dont realise its happening when you see someone everyday. Anyway, my sister did the diet and also had amazing results so lindsay decided it was time, and like i say...fantastic...

So go for it peeps, men or women...in fact research says men lose it faster too And remember, Lindsay is a Nursing Sister who takes pride in her work and is over qaulified...so she would NOT have done it if she thought it was damaging in any way to health..

Hope i can help someone with posting this
Old 27-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

before and after pics guys. Bear in mind too before one was taken about 3am in napa and she was a bit erm ratted

before:

Now(and still got about 7 pound to go even tho she is off the main part of the diet)

Old 27-12-2005, 07:40 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Top work Mrs Reynolds
Old 27-12-2005, 07:43 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does it cost mate?
Old 27-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Ive been on this diet and can confirm that the results are amazing.on the 2nd of november i was 19st 8lbs and after 7 weeks exactly last wednesday i weighed 15st 9lb,so 1lb off 4 stone in 7 weeks .cost is £62 a week for men but its going up slightly in the new year.bear in mind that you do not have to spend any more money on food as they supply the 28 sachets (4 a day) in that price and all you can have on top of that is water(still or fizzy)black tea or coffee with only tablet sweeteners and tabasco sauce.

mark
Old 27-12-2005, 07:55 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

So you get 4 sachets of food a day.........Drink water and thats all you have to do??
Old 27-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by TIFF-C20WTH
So you get 4 sachets of food a day.........Drink water and thats all you have to do??
basically yes....you need to drink 4 or 5 litres of water a day and you can have as much black tea or coffee.

mark

Trending Topics

Old 27-12-2005, 08:01 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

What sort of meals are in the sachets????

Is it a hard diet??
Old 27-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Yes Tiff. Lindsay was paying 46 quid a week....it goes up to 66 in the new year. But still worth it and if you add up your share of the foodbill and take aways and beer it soon works out that the diet dont cost that much and isnt a lot to pay for the result!

Theres soup packs, nut bars, shakes etc and they mix with water(not bars tho). You drink water then. Also can drink black tea but no sugar! And thats it basically!
Old 27-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by TIFF-C20WTH
What sort of meals are in the sachets????

Is it a hard diet??
as i said mate, she says its easiest shes done as you dont have to watch what ya eating and count calories,,,you KNOW EXACTLY everyday what youre having!
Old 27-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Oh and Size wise, she gone from a 16 to an 8 on top, 10 on bottom! Im happy at that but she wants to be 8 on bottom too ....women

Down side is from a 38E to a 32D
Old 27-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Oh and Size wise, she gone from a 16 to an 8 on top, 10 on bottom! Im happy at that but she wants to be 8 on bottom too ....women

Still a proper handful mate !!!
Old 27-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Mr S1

Still a proper handful mate !!!
oh aye theyll do
Old 27-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Sent them an email asking for more info.....cheers chap
Old 27-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Mark_w

the womens diet is only 3 sachets a day which is why its cheaper but they are having 4 sachets in the new year.you get soups,milk shakes and various bars and as much water as you can drink...its hard to start with but men lose weight more quickley than women,and i lost 13.9 lb in the first week.you have to go to a 2hr therapy/meet once a week which is a laugh and to pick up food and you need a medical to start it.its hard to start but its changed my way of thinking about food.

mark
Old 27-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

How long is the course ? What did it cost you ?
Old 27-12-2005, 08:23 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

If it changes the way you THINK about food and eating, then it sounds promising.

I have to get my Dad to lose weight this year, as he's vastly overweight, diabetic, and has some heart trouble.

Interested to see about this, if only for the sake of his health!

Big sceptic of diets, as I always say "eat less, move more" is about the best method, but I need to get him moving on this fast, and he doesn't want to eat less or move more!
Old 27-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by RichardPON
If it changes the way you THINK about food and eating, then it sounds promising.

I have to get my Dad to lose weight this year, as he's vastly overweight, diabetic, and has some heart trouble.

Interested to see about this, if only for the sake of his health!

Big sceptic of diets, as I always say "eat less, move more" is about the best method, but I need to get him moving on this fast, and he doesn't want to eat less or move more!
Have to say I agree with your 'eat less move more' train of thought - but it's only an email to find out a bit more so I've sent one off. Let you know what they say if you want
Old 27-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by RichardPON
thats exactly what the diet does richard.

regards mark
Old 27-12-2005, 08:50 PM
dumped

Its all in the mind - last year I lost over a stone in a week and i wasnt even over weight! It was for a bet with a girl - I won she had to get naked - I lost and she got to trash my cossie.... simple!
Old 27-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by dumped
Its all in the mind - last year I lost over a stone in a week and i wasnt even over weight! It was for a bet with a girl - I won she had to get naked - I lost and she got to trash my cossie.... simple!
And which one of those did she do ?
Old 27-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I used to say the same as you Rich. Eat less, move more! But when your on your feet all day long, you want to come home and relax put ya feet up and watch telly etc....not spend hours down the gym then come home and eat a salad, only to find at the end of the week that you have only lost 1/2 a pound then go out at wekend and put on 2 pound This happens to a LOT with people. So what do they do? Say sod it...as it takes so long and isn't rewarding. Yes some people do lose on other diets and excersing, but everyone is different. I recommend that people who have been there and done it with all the diets and excersising do this diet, get it over and done with in months

As Mark says, a 2 hour therapy class is also in the cost. These go through the diet and why people put on weight, talk about how you feel etc but most of all put you in the right frame of mind for when you start to eat again! And also give you many different ways in which to cook food I.E a sunday roast is around 1800 calories cooked the traditional way but the same food can be cooked different to be around 800 calories....
Old 27-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so lee does that diet loose food totally or do ya still get to eat ( i know it sounds silly to ask)

i gained a fair bit of weight when i settled down with the missus and stoped doing gear and as a result i ate like a horse and stoped mountain biking ect so i went from being very active ( training on sundays and riding to work) and just started to either chill at home with a curry/pizza ect and lots of junk food or go out and drink loads and then eat the same shite after

what period is it over generally, tbh the money aint a huge concern as in reality i spend that on food at work per week with the angel cafe prices

deffo interested but not up for the 2 hour chat ect, would loose my post count i feel on passionford

seriously interested though
Old 27-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fat cvnt
Old 27-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Well, As said in the first post Ginge, you eat NO FOOD at all mate. You only eat the packs, and drink water. You run on your body fat. This is why you need a medical as the process of coming of food initially can shock your body! like a alchoholic coming of the booze!

As for not doing the talk etc, well as again said this diet needs commitment and without the 2 hr sessions i doubt you would stick to it plus you cant just buy it anyway without going once a week!

Rudey do some sit ups fatty Im the same mate the xmas podge is coming along....it'll go tho when get back to work
Old 27-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

These are the packs

Thats a weeks supply!

Theres loads of flavour.

Shakes theres like Strawberry, chocolate banna etc
Soups theres thai chilli, mushroom, chicken etc
then theres the bars..think they are protien and some like trackers...

Plus savoury drinks and some stuff you can add to water to make it taste different...just to give you a change.
Old 27-12-2005, 10:20 PM
bigpower
PassionFord Post Troll

Lee,
Lindsey looks amazing! Good on her!!!!

My mate lost 2.5 stone in as many months on the atkins, but this seems safer!

Be good to see some before and afters when people have done it!
Old 28-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Really happy for Lyndsy Lee, she must be over the moon, she looks stunning, great for her confidence

Originally Posted by bigpower
My mate lost 2.5 stone in as many months on the atkins, but this seems safer!
I would say this is basically a strict Atkins Ketogenic diet that drops you into Benign dietary ketosis and serves you with protein drinks so you cant make an arse of it yourself and make yourself ill as so so so many do.
Old 28-12-2005, 12:23 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

These are the packs

Thats a weeks supply!

Theres loads of flavour.

Shakes theres like Strawberry, chocolate banna etc
Soups theres thai chilli, mushroom, chicken etc
then theres the bars..think they are protien and some like trackers...

Plus savoury drinks and some stuff you can add to water to make it taste different...just to give you a change.
mmmmm they look so tasty

NOT
Old 28-12-2005, 01:14 AM
MrsFrog
PassionFord Post Troll

This diet works very well I have done it. Started in March and by October / November, had dropped 5 stones. Although it takes some serious commitment and will power to get started, once you have been on it for a while it is really easy. The basics behind it is that you completely remove the decision making process out of the diet. The only thing you choose is the flavor of your pack.
The hardest part is when you get back onto food. Trust me... been there... and hanging in there!! When the food comes back into the equation, it is much much more difficult because suddenly you have to make decisions. And it is not as simple as it seems. Those who have a weihgt problems will understand, the others won't.

Three other things.
First, Rich your dad won't be able to do the diet if he is diabetic .

Second, they only take people who have a MINIMUM of 3 stones to loose.

Third, those of you who want to try it and think they are man / woman enough to just walk in, take their sachets and just do it on their own at home, well just stop beeing narrow minded . The biggest part of the diet IS the 2 hours "chat" (which really are therapy sessions in a group of the same gender... so you won't be talking about knitting and periods with over reacting women... ). Once you accept it and actually participate, its absolutely amazing what t does for you.

That's it... that's my 2 pence added.
Old 28-12-2005, 03:12 AM
RSCAT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im sure itll be like most diets, losing weight isnt the problem,
its when you start eating again, 6 months to lose the weight, 6 weeks
to put it back on again.

and rudey your doin well, sore ribs when you sit down is nowt, i cant
sit down at all after me xmas feasts
Old 28-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Dan B

Looked interesting, until I saw the "2 hour mandatory group-discussion" bit...

No thanks to that, then, will just try the solitary "less food, more exercise" tactic.
Old 28-12-2005, 08:34 AM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dan B
Looked interesting, until I saw the "2 hour mandatory group-discussion" bit...

No thanks to that, then, will just try the solitary "less food, more exercise" tactic.

FPMSL

I can just imagine the "2 hour mandatory group-discussion"

Not held by Marjory Dawes is it?

Good luck on that sachet thing though.. looks very 'clinical'!
Old 28-12-2005, 09:09 AM
jamesw
PassionFord Regular

Well done Mrs Reynolds!

The diet does work as the accountant at our office did it, at the back end of last year 04 till early this year 05, she did drop a lot of weight, (did not feel brave enough to ask how much she had lost as a true gent you see! ) Unfortuantly(sp) as with all diets that I have tried this appears to be the same as she has now gained some of the weight back again, not all by any means buthas gained some. SHe has been off the diet for around 6 months and has gained the weight gradually over time, I dont know if she has reverted back to her old ways of eating or its just as she has added food back in slowly.

I started a mission to lose wieight at the start of december, But it was along the lines of moving more(going to the gym for a CV workout for about an hour a day, four times a week) and eating less carbs towards the end of the day (IE. No carbs after 5pm!) I am also taking some pills that aid fat loss called Nobese and Shaper both from Lamuscle. I was 16st 7lbs with a 38 inch waist on the 30 of december, I am now 15st 6lbs with a 36 waist. Whether this is to do with the pills or the diet or the excercise I dont know but will keep doing it all till i drop down more. But i would just like to say I do feel a lot better and have a lot more energy, plus i dont get out of breath walking places or even just going up the stairs which helps!

Good luck to anyone who is trying or wants to try to lose wieght in the new year!
Old 28-12-2005, 09:36 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've just been speaking to my boss about this lighter life plan.

Basically it's identical to the cambridge diet. In fact they used to be the same company except one of them was in it to make people thinner and one was in it to make money.

The Cambridge diet is £31.50 for a woman, £42 for a man and is identical to the lighter life

http://www.cambridge-diet.co.uk

Old 28-12-2005, 09:50 AM
FAST AS FORD
PassionFord Regular

Sounds like all other lose weight quick schemes, nothing new. Going without proper food for any length of time can cause unknown/irepairable problems to your digestion system as no synthesized foods contain phytochemicals that real foods contain. When you start to re-introduce proper foods back into your diet your body may struggle to properly digest/burn up the calories leaving you back at square one or worse! If you plan on eating these sachets for the rest of your life then go for it, but who knows what sort of damage you may cause. Just a thought......
Old 28-12-2005, 09:56 AM
FAST AS FORD
PassionFord Regular

4 hours a day/ 6 days a week is complete overkill! 90-120 mins/ 4-5 days is all you would need, max.

Quick Reply: FTAO all new years DIETERS....please read