Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

What is the best dry sump system for YB 2WD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Escosse
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile What is the best dry sump system for YB 2WD?

Hello guys! As topic say, what is the best dry sump kits available out there? I have been looking at pace and turbosport systems?

But I would like to hear if some of you got any recommendations!

Its going on a big bhp cosworth yb engine.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2014, 11:20 PM
lacey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine lol
Old 12-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Escosse

Anyone?
Old 12-12-2014, 09:42 PM
lacey

As state above , opi

If I had to put them in order it would be

Opi ( mine )
Pace
Titans
Atp
American stuff
The following 2 users liked this post by lacey:
Escosse (12-12-2014), Shane O Malley (27-03-2020)
Old 12-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Escosse

Originally Posted by lacey
As state above , opi

Opi ( mine )
Pace
Titans
Atp
American stuff
Thanks! didn't quite understand that one the first time! hehe. OPI looks like a nice bit of kit! That looks like a really good alternative for me.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

As state above , opi

Opi ( mine )
Pace
Titans
Atp
American stuff

Strange. Certainly would not put Pace near the Top. I bought a system from them & sold it on. Bought a Titan system custom made for my application in the end. Ive never heard of the other 2 systems so cant comment on them.
Old 13-12-2014, 06:28 AM
lacey

Pace have a portfolio that would put most to shame
And are far better that titans ,
As I stated once before , while at pace sometimes ( abit like now ) there supply times where pooh , so some customer purchased from titans and sent then to pace to fettle before even using then.
If I remember right rod you didn't use your pace kit ?
If so then you have only ever been on the end of there deleivery times issue and also able to comment on there products finish
As you did not use there kit in the end .
Am I wrong or right ?

I would go pace over titans any day of the week
And I dislike the owner of pace massively

But then again I now don't need to use either lol

As for American pumps all the ones I have to rebuild/refresh for customer
Are big and have massive clearances hence why they make the dame things so big
Old 13-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Pace have a portfolio that would put most to shame
And are far better that titans ,
As I stated once before , while at pace sometimes ( abit like now ) there supply times where pooh , so some customer purchased from titans and sent then to pace to fettle before even using then.
If I remember right rod you didn't use your pace kit ?
If so then you have only ever been on the end of there deleivery times issue and also able to comment on there products finish
As you did not use there kit in the end .
Am I wrong or right ?

I would go pace over titans any day of the week
And I dislike the owner of pace massively

But then again I now don't need to use either lol

As for American pumps all the ones I have to rebuild/refresh for customer
Are big and have massive clearances hence why they make the dame things so big

Like you Pace did not want to listen to what the customer wanted just to themselves. I purchased the kit in haste & it was not what Mark wanted talking to them was like reading your post 'up there own arse'. Titan on the other hand were interested to listen & supply what Mark wanted so that its suitable for my application. If you own a company you should stop & look at your attitude. I don't have money restraints on what I buy so its the attitude & helpfulness of the company Im interested in. To Pace I was the scum on the bottom of there boots & as for your company this post sums up why I would never consider them. If you knock others its because your shite yourself.
Old 13-12-2014, 08:19 AM
lacey

Firstly I listened to you
2 I question your comment to make sure things would be right for you
3 If remember right you just didn't reply
So how dare you say I wouldn't listen
4 it should not mater if you have a pot full of cash or not a product is a product and it needs to be priced right .
And the price of my long stroke kit is far less than what you paid so pots of cash or not it don't matter .
5 up my own arse you should know all about that .
And if I am running a business why would I put my company down ?
6 I work at pace for a long time and done a lot of the work for the top name company
So I know there portfolio is good and there stuff works .
I took pace to court years ago and won so I have nothing to gain by say there good .

Titans did want you wanted did they ?
In your mail to me and the thread you started about about dry sumps you was after a 4 stage pump , and if I remember right in your thread you said titans had do you a 3 stage pump , listen did they .
If this is the case they got you in and parmed you off.

While at pace we had to pick up the pieces for lots of Titan customers
Whether it was supply or back up or support

I am far from up my own arse , I do what I do cause I enjoy it

That was such a rich statement from you
You may be old but you don't know everything

And as stated above you can't really comment on a product till you have used it
Old 13-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Drayton
who?

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Like you Pace did not want to listen to what the customer wanted just to themselves. I purchased the kit in haste & it was not what Mark wanted talking to them was like reading your post 'up there own arse'. Titan on the other hand were interested to listen & supply what Mark wanted so that its suitable for my application. If you own a company you should stop & look at your attitude. I don't have money restraints on what I buy so its the attitude & helpfulness of the company Im interested in. To Pace I was the scum on the bottom of there boots & as for your company this post sums up why I would never consider them. If you knock others its because your shite yourself.
Bit of a ridiculous post rod. Opi's reputation speaks for itself and the kits are highly regarded on all applications whether road going, competition, and bespoke kits (proven in winning hill climb teams).

Also regards to Dan being up his own arse is laughable. He is one of the most helpful, friendly and approachable people you could ever come across. He always offers advice on applications for free whenever asked and the fact that he still rates the Pace kits very highly is admirable, as because if I was him and after how the new Pace owners have been, I'd personally never say a good word about them again full stop.

Hats off to you Dan. If people don't appreciate your work, advice and knowledge or think they know better then "fu*k them" is what I say!
Old 13-12-2014, 01:05 PM
mk2cossy
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Text book tit!
Old 14-12-2014, 05:41 AM
oohogwash1
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pace kit and my engine builder has used them many times without issue. Peterson are recommended above pace, not due to being that much better but more due to the flexibility, I was considering adding extra pump gangs but could not as they are not supported but the peterson could add easily. Having said that , Pace make a great system out to the box for the YB where as peterson is generic race brand and you have to make the adapters etc yourself, so I am not unhappy at all with the pace, great value for money.
Old 14-12-2014, 06:52 AM
lacey

If you put the pace pump on a propper test bench along with the Peterson you would find that the pace pump would be better due to tighter tolerances inside
And the pace pump is specced for your engine
You can easily add a extra stage to a pace pump all it requires is a stage plus internals and a longer shaft but to be fair it's not realy needed unless it's to compensate for a loose engine due to clearances and blow by