Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

pricing guide/value of my car request

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Garsy™
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pricing guide/value of my car request

i'm selling my sapphire 4x4 to make way for an escos and i'm unsure as to wheather i've priced it too cheap (i wont say what i've priced it at as this is not an advert but i've had at least 6 phone calls asking whats wrong with it due to the price) but i would appreciate some rough valuations if poss.

it's a H plate, 4x4, stage 3 with coilovers and all the usual mods (aswell as engine bay bling)

couple of pics..

any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers, Garsy
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
simonc
Advanced PassionFord User

Its hard to say without more info, think the wheels would put people off,how many owners,does it have full history,engine rebuild,what suspension & brakes ?

4x4's seem to go from about £3500 upto £8000 for a mega spec 500bhp one with AP brakes & proper history & proper engine builds from the likes of SCS.

Simon.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Garsy™

the wheels are defo a love em or hate em issue lol but a set of 17" katana's also come with the car. suspension is GAZ coilovers, brakes are standard, 9 keepers, ford history to 98k and local garage history to present 129k, full service inc cam belt, rocker gasket, half moons and all fluids 5 weeks (300 miles) ago, 803's, 3 bar M/S, RS500 intercooler, l8 stage 3 chip, turbo back 4" S/S, -31 actuator, multilayer head gasket, swirl pot, vibratech engine mounts, new 3 core rad, rollin roaded 337bhp, full security. gauges..

thats a quick off the top of my head run down.

cheers Garsy

(HPI clear with gold report 5 months tax and test)
Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's hard to say really
too low and peole think it's a snotter
too high and no one will look at it

become a gold member and flog it here, the best £20 you'll spend at least you'll know what it's worth even if you don't sell it to someone off PF as a lot of people will be able to have their say about certain parts etc

it might be worth more if you broke it sadly
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

130,000 miles on original engine, with 337 bhp squeezed out of it? Must be due a rebuild soon I'd have thought.

BUT many buyers will be wowed by it having a service history and won't think any further.

Value/Price? On eBay it might make £4k, in AutoTrader I'd expect that to be priced at £5-6k ono.

PS: sell the "extra" wheels seperately, they won't increase the sale price one bit IMO.

Another PS lol: I can't make up my mind about the wheels on it, they do kinda suit the car, especially with the paint colour, but at the same time they reek of the Saxo brigade...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Garsy™

Originally Posted by TurboShed
130,000 miles on original engine, with 337 bhp squeezed out of it? Must be due a rebuild soon I'd have thought.

BUT many buyers will be wowed by it having a service history and won't think any further.

Value/Price? On eBay it might make £4k, in AutoTrader I'd expect that to be priced at £5-6k ono.

PS: sell the "extra" wheels seperately, they won't increase the sale price one bit IMO.

Another PS lol: I can't make up my mind about the wheels on it, they do kinda suit the car, especially with the paint colour, but at the same time they reek of the Saxo brigade...

cheers mate you've solved my question

TBH when i sell the car all the spare parts are included because i CBA to sell everything sep. there's box's of spares which are included (brakes, 3 bar map sens, wheels, header tank, power steering tank, absolutely shit loads lol) so whoever does buy it is getting a bargain cos my price is a tiny bit over your ebay price

as for the wheels i love them but i either get "ya wheels are horrible" or "those wheels look mint" of all sorts of people, but at the end of the day as a cosworth owner you dont really care what other people think so long as your happy init

cheers mate

(p.s the person i bought the car off told me it had a rebuild at 90k but i have no paperwork or receipts to prove it so i don't know for sure, hence i wont advertise it as having had a rebuild)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Ok that all makes sense, FWIW my Cossie has just had a rebuild, done by a mate so I can't prove it either LoL.

Oh, just a thought, does it use oil? That's the most noticeable difference between my Cossie before the rebuild and after - sure it uses oil after the rebuild, and the turbo is in good nick too - but before it needed topping up every 200-300 miles (max-min on dipstick in 200-300 miles I mean, less if hammered).
Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Garsy™

i top the oil up every 800 miles or so but its never on the minimum so it doesn't use that much lol. it's no different to the other 4 YB engined cars i've had. they've all averaged about the same oil usage when i think about it...
Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Garsy™

Originally Posted by dojj
become a gold member and flog it here, the best £20 you'll spend at least you'll know what it's worth even if you don't sell it to someone off PF as a lot of people will be able to have their say about certain parts etc

it might be worth more if you broke it sadly
took your advice mate, its now for sale in the cars for sale section for £3800 (hope your right lol)

it's killing me to let it go for that but there was no way i was accepting the 3600 it reached on ebay.