Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Spewing up in the gym

Search this Thread

Old 23-09-2009, 04:00 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spewing up in the gym

Joined this local gym, its one of those community gyms that are aimed for low income single parents ect and its like £1.30 each time you want to visit, so signed up and whent for the first time on monday

They gave me a small artical about training ect and it says for your first time try and find out how much weight you can lift for X amount of reps ect so that next time you will know how much to lift and go from there

So i started light, they dont have a massive amound of machines so thought iv have a bash at everything, i didnt take any water with me and after about 10 mins i was sweating like fuck and roasting, so i ran down and bought 2 bottles of water, i Tanned one of them in 1 go and kept the other for the rest of the workout, after using all the machines i started feeling really sick, once i got into the changing rooms i spewed everywhere, it was just water and yellow shit, Why is this

And also its been 2 days now and my abs and the inside of my legs are hurting really bad, i cant walk with looking as if iv just shat myself, how long is this gonna last and can i speed up the healing at all?
Old 23-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

You did too much too quickly mate. Thats normal if you do that. As for the pain it will go away in its own time but going down the gym and just doing some light exercise will help. Once your body is used to training you wont get it.
Old 23-09-2009, 06:38 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

thanks m8 ill go back friday during the day and take it a bit easyer
Old 23-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Yip, you're just unconditioned. When I was building sheds for a living I could put 100% effort into everything all day, get 3 hours sleep and do it all again the next day. If I tried that now I'd be fucked and I've only been away for 6 months.
Old 23-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah, as above, you probably did too much too soon.

The pain you have is called DOMS(delayed onset muscle soreness). It will probably last 2/3 days at its worst but you could be feeling tight for 4/5days.

Once you are further into your training(few weeks down the line) the pain should be alot less, although after a heavy leg day it will probably be a nightmare again. Is for me anyway.

Ways to combat it take in some protein. Protein helps repair and recover your muscles, so start eating plenty chicken/eggs/fish etc...
Old 23-09-2009, 07:34 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

iv got a couple of cans of tinned tuna thats good for protien no?
Old 23-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by KnoxyGtt
iv got a couple of cans of tinned tuna thats good for protien no?
One of the best things you can have!

Benni.

Trending Topics

Old 24-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

If you can keep being sick after every session you will make superb progress!

The aching etc is normal as has already been said. Its a nice feeling when you've been training for years as it means you've had a proper session in the gym and not wasted your time. Its what I strive for with all my muscles but rarely get to the full extent.