PassionFord      

Go Back   PassionFord > Cars Aren't Everything in Life! > Fitness / Weight Training Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Welcome to Passion Ford!
Welcome to Passion Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Passion Ford today!

submit to reddit

Old 21-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Trader Score: (0)
Default Lower back straightening excersizes?

Ive had a weak lower back for a good few years, think came from car crashes, so get lower back ache when standing up for a long time.

But most of all, ive always sorta had a bit of a curvy lower back, so my stomach n arse stick out more than they should, which makes me look like ive got more of a belly than i really have

Im sure (i remember bering told once by a physio) there are excersizes that will straighten it out, think by maybe building up the muscles there or summat, i dunno.

Anyone got any tips, ideas, etc?

ta
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
Old 22-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Trader Score: (12)
http://www.facebook.com/motorsport.developments

Hi Steve,
I have a very bad lower back from an accident i had years ago, and my lower two disc rub together causing immense pain at times, to teh point i can no longer straighten back up when it happens, very embarrasing.

Ive found that literally ANY form of free weight work will improve the lower core stability and protect your spine, in fact, since stating training some 7 months ago, touch wood (And i just did) i have had NO pain at all.

There are definately some exercizes purely to improve the core strength, but im unsure if thats ALL you want to do...
Stu @ M Developments is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I remember the physio telling me some very basic excersizes (standing up and sitting down) to do to helpo that, but literally by the time id got home (10mins later ) id forgot what they were
Old 30-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
tpaul
Part of the Furniture

hi mate a good one for this is to lie face down on the floor with your arms out as if you had a bar across your shoulders.
Then gently lift yourupper body from the floor using your arms and pushing your pelvis toward the floor. you only need to raise a few inches at most, hold and back down.
Once you get good with this then try without the help of your arms, but not too start with, you will feell it straight away but go slow.
Sit ups are also a major one for lower back
good luck
Paul
tpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 04:49 PM
PassionFord
Ford Focus

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
back, excersizes, low, lower, straighten, straightening