Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

lacks power whilest hot, Help.

Search this Thread

Old 31-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Toniboy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lacks power whilest hot, Help.

hi guys,
can anyone help, iv,e got the ecsort gti. it used idle at 3000 revs so i had it in at a garage, they changed the air flow metor with no joy, when i got home i pulled all the electical plus apart and cleaned them up also i disconnected the battary to reset the ECU. it seemed to do the trick.
now yes now you think youve done it but another pops up. when the car is worm whilest accelarating theres no power. its a bone shaker. unless you put the pedle to the floor, then it put you back in ya seat. had it down at ford they had it for 7 hours. they changed the spark plugs and a broken wire on the coil. they said it,s done so i paid up, nothing had changed it still dose what it did before, got it back in at ford in the new year. but will they fix it?.
thanks
HAPPY NEW YEAR
TO ALL
Old 31-12-2005, 01:06 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Main dealers arent always the best, thats about all i can chip in on this dont know a lot about these. If i were you i would make sure this re-visit to Ford is free seeing as they took your money and told you it was fixed when it clearly isnt, thats just not on! You think they would raod test it before giving it back