Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford stereo help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 14-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Coxy_UK
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford stereo help please!!

My Saff has the original Ford cassette player and amp in it, and while I appreciate it's originalness (is that a word), I do want good sounds.

I managed to get the amp out, but the bloody stereo is putting up a fight. I can get the left side free, but the right side just will not budge! Is there a trick to getting these out or anyone else solved a similar problem.

When I do get it out, I presume I can just buy an ISO adapter from Halfords or the like, but what about the amp connectors? Do I just leave them unconnected to anything?

Cheers
Old 15-12-2005, 12:22 AM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

wen u say u have removed the amp, ahve u taken the wiring with it??? because the amp'd systems had a diff ISO compared to a standard ford system, urs would usually use a scart type ISO, thus givin the amp the signal for sound. if u have removed it all, u shud b able to bring a wire frm the amp to the bk of the head unit, and then use a standard ISO, but thats pure theory, im only guessin at present. if u cud sort pics out of wot uv got i cud wrk it out 4 sure (neva wrked on a cossie before, just mondeos with similar spec systems)

as for the headunit, its just a matter of gettin a bit tough with it, push the removal pins in on each side, pull them outwards away frm the unit. then its just shake frm side to side, and it wil eventually free itself.

if u have any specific issues and can describe them to me, pm me or sumthin, i used to fit stereos (for halfords admittedly, but i was self taught, so their 'training' did not dumb me dwn and cause me to break evry stereo i touch )
Old 15-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Coxy_UK
Part of the Furniture

Thanks, i will try and get a pic on tonight.

The amp and head unit both have round plugs with pins in, as well the other rectangular shaped plugs.

Neither PC2-70-4 or PC2-08-4 are suitable ISO connectors.
Old 15-12-2005, 09:16 PM
HORNETS7
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i use 5mm pop rivets and put the shaft parts of them into the 4 holes and push them to one side it will remove the stereo
as for the amp just remove it all the speaker wires will connect into a new head unit by using the spade and pin connectors to each speaker!
Old 16-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Coxy_UK
Part of the Furniture

Thanks guys but mission accomplished. Used proper removing pins rather than makeshift ones and a helpful chap at Thames Car Audio sorted me out with the correct lead.

Now all I need to do is find something to fill the amplifier gap with.