Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Noisey 4x4 Engine - Poss rebuild help

Search this Thread

Old 21-08-2005, 12:47 AM
FingerZ!
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisey 4x4 Engine - Poss rebuild help

I have a 4x4 saph which runs n drives pretty good.

Me missus took it out today and when she rolled up after a little boost i thort i eard it rattle as it turned the corner slowing down.....

SO checked oil - was on low - topped up to max - thort all would be well.....

later tonight - got me mate to drive towards me on boost so i could hear over the induction whatever noises the engine makes.....it makes a kind of growly rattle as it boost kinda top end noise - does this sound like its engine rebuild time to you guys???

If it is engine rebuild time, im not interested in a balls-out performance rebuild, i would be happy with a standard rebuild as i want to run approx 18psi boost, sometimes more at a push. Surely a standard build will be enough to last me abotu 30k miles and if so, what does anyone think the cost of a standard build would be??

I am a mechanic and can source all the parts needed, can remove and strip engine ready for engineering <re-bore, shells, crank grind etc if needed> so the costs of removal and refitting engine is not a problem.

cheers

Tim