Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

FAO wiring experts re: CPS wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:37 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO wiring experts re: CPS wiring

had a slight but still annoying problem with the fezza for a while, it wouldn't drive very smoothly at all on light throttle but seemed to improve when gigving it more right foot.
anyway tried a different coil pack and was still the same so thought i'd take a look at the crankshaft position sensor. anyaway i removed the multiplug and saw a 'big lump' in the wire covered with black electrical tape immediately i thought of bodged wiring and when i took off the tape it was indeed bodged!!

now, inside the cable that goes to the CPS there are 2 coloured wires ( blue and yellow and blue and green i think,or summat similar) and then wrapped all the way round these wires (the whole length of the cable) there is some exposed wire ( similar to what you get in the radio aerialcable ) so in all there are 3 wires all inside the insulation.

the two coloured wires were poorly soldered together but the exposed wire was broken and just wrapped around out of the way!

so will this dodgy wiring be the cause for the less than perfect running? and how do i go about repairing it? can i just use a multiplug and join the coloured wires and then reconnect the broken exposed wire,then wrap it all when i'm done?

ideas and advice please

p.s. can supply pictures if necessary but i think the explanation is pretty clear