Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fiesta rs turbo steering rack

Search this Thread

Old 27-04-2005, 05:07 PM
UKMICKY
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fiesta rs turbo steering rack

can any body please help
ford have discontinued making the steering rack for the ford fiesta rs turbo, but the shop says i can use the standard fiesta rack instead.
however apart from it not being a rs part can it be used. i know the rs has a wider track than the other fiesta's so will it make a difference as im in urgent need of a replacment
Old 27-04-2005, 06:32 PM
daz1968
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RS rack is different, I had a problem with mine, where the bottom arms had been replaced with std fiesta ones, and I couldn't shorten track rod ends enough to get tracking right so I presume rack is longer, I put correct bottom arms on and problem went away, then at a later date I needed new rack, got one exchange from motor factor, You could always phone around as someone who rebuilds racks would do yours if they have none to exchange, the riesta rs rack is also got less turns lock to lock so is a quicker rack, I would made sure I had correct one when I did mine.
Hope this helps