Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Clarification on Sat nav connections Mondeo mk3 Denso/Visteon head unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 03:19 PM
Bren1977
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clarification on Sat nav connections Mondeo mk3 Denso/Visteon head unit

Hi folks

I’m trying to get my sat nav set up to work in my car.
as it’s from a European LHD it’s vin number needs to be changed to match my own cars vin so I can stop entering in 842520 each time I want to access the radio.

been to Ford in Ireland and here in Germany with the car since august and none of the Ford people have any idea how to recode the radio vin number.

i have IDS and the respective ELM cable and wondering if someone can provide me with the instructions as to how to change the vin.

also, as pictured in the attachments I’m trying to get the sat nav to register the satellite signal but nothing seems to want to help.

radio signal is bad so presume the aerial is bad (original aerial in my car isn’t sat nav compatible I believe) so I reckon a new one but as Ford don’t stock the aerial bases anymore has anyone got an alternative part that would work?

it has the square gps signal receiver which I plugged into the main loom (below the centre console) and as there was a female blue connector there so I presumed to connect it there. However, this is most likely wrong as with the gps connector above the aerial attachment point on the rear of the radio head unit I’m wondering 💭 where have i gone wrong?

i normally use Co-Pilot or Waze depending on which country I’m travelling through so it’s more about just having everything working as intended.

cheers!