Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo ST 2.2 tdci ... PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2020, 03:10 AM
StuHorrocks
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo ST 2.2 tdci ... PLEASE HELP!!

I have a 2006 mondeo st tdci, I lost power under acceleration and felt judders between 1800-2500rpm... I drove it to a garage local garage after a couple of days with no change or improvement and no warning lights on dash, a mechanic put it on a computer and told me it doesn't feel right (gutsy, his exact words) anyway, result said fault p summit or other _ mass airflow meter to which i bought from euro for £190 and replaced it straight away - only to find a rip in the pipe on the front going going into the bottom of what I think is egr "Dunno" ?? either way I bandaged it up with duck tape until I can go get a new one, but now it won't start?? I kept turning it over and it just wouldn't start (like it had no diesel) after eventually flattening my battery, my neighbour attached jump leads but after having no luck getting it to start although it was turning so to speak, he disconnected the middle pipe on my fuel filter in top left corner as I turned it over and said the their is no diesel in my car? I argued saying I got 1/4 of a tank and after walking to garage for £5 diesel, put it in and still nothing coming out the middle pipe when we try to start it again... I can hear fuel pump when first turning ignition on so ?? Where do I go from here... I've been given some rope and told to drag it round the block in 2nd gear? Any advice please
Old 07-11-2020, 07:58 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

if it has run out of fuel you can bleed it your self its not ideal but get jump leads on with another vehicle undo a couple of injector pipes and keep cranking the engine over it will aventually bring fuel up when starts splutering and no more air coming out do the pipes up. it take a bit of cranking give the starter motor a rest while doing it. if the the pump is shagged it want lift fuel what ever you do