Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Possible head gasket leak or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 11:25 PM
bycannn
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible head gasket leak or something else?

I got 2006 1.8 TDCI Transit/Tourneo Connect has got 260.xxx km on it.Short story, it was second hand and didn't got antifreeze for coolant so I decided to change but things gone worse and water pump failed because of rust inside the coolant reservoir.it heat up and hit the limit once boiled the antifreeze comeback and changed it then new antifreeze new reservoir but not solved. Once I catched up fan working even no harsh using just normal but fan on and when going up on a hill I saw the temperature gauge going to bad side then immediately stop and wait till temperature back normal then had a call with my repairman and changed the thermostat then the problem( I think it is) started. The hissing sound from reservoir. I didn't really mind it but when I regularly check my coolant it got escape from reservoir and leak from cap. For lastly I changed my coolant but before tried to get rid of the dust by putting tap water and till it's clear I cycled it and put new antifreeze but still got same problem I think cuz from tap it still leaks (btw 4. Tap because tried if the tap got problem or not but barely it's not) I don't see any leak to coolant neither oil mix contaminations. But some people say it might not mix oil and coolant but it's still failed head gasket cuz compressions push the water jackets and it makes more pressure and hissing sound bla bla. My question is that could be a stuck coolant way may cause it or really blown head gasket and do u recommend it fixed soon(Im broke and new head gasket tremendously high price for me) or it will make more mess?
Best regards,Thanks...