Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Sierra brake pump into Capri.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 PM
BigJ1966
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra brake pump into Capri.

Hi all.

New member here but long time Capri owner.

Posted this question in the Cosworth section but thinking the tech section might be more appropriate and get a response.

Would appreciate some advice with the fitting of the Sierra ABS master cylinder and pump into my Cosworth powered Capri. I’m just after doing the conversion that uses the main pump without the separate ABS valve block but I’m struggling with the plumbing in of the brake pipes to the master cylinder itself (see pic).

Could anyone who has done this conversion please let me know which pipe goes to the front brakes and which to the rear? I understand that the fronts need to be split and that perhaps the middle outlet needs to be blanked off, is that correct?

Or, am I better finding a separate valve block and just plumbing it in as original without the ABS working?

At my wits end with this so any help will be really appreciated. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Sierra brake pump into Capri.-04f21875-15e2-4545-bb23-5e8f0b17618f.jpeg  
Old 20-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Capri71
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJ1966
Hi all.

New member here but long time Capri owner.

Posted this question in the Cosworth section but thinking the tech section might be more appropriate and get a response.

Would appreciate some advice with the fitting of the Sierra ABS master cylinder and pump into my Cosworth powered Capri. I’m just after doing the conversion that uses the main pump without the separate ABS valve block but I’m struggling with the plumbing in of the brake pipes to the master cylinder itself (see pic).

Could anyone who has done this conversion please let me know which pipe goes to the front brakes and which to the rear? I understand that the fronts need to be split and that perhaps the middle outlet needs to be blanked off, is that correct?

Or, am I better finding a separate valve block and just plumbing it in as original without the ABS working?

At my wits end with this so any help will be really appreciated. Cheers.
I just got into this idea and bought the bits, including the valve block and ECU. Im going to run it as just PAS until I find some sensors and rings cheap.

Search this Thread