Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

2000 ford ka water leak

Search this Thread

Old 17-08-2017, 05:13 PM
landaqmabba
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 ford ka water leak

Evening,
I recently bought a Ford KA and it's well surprisingly fun, it was supposed to sit there so i can get insurance bonus on it, but i ended up driving it instead of my ranger. Any way I abuse the little thing and drive it hard when there is no traffic.

Fan works cause it is quite loud.

So last week the temp light blinked a few times and went back off didn't pay much attention to it, however yesterday i went to the doctor and back 5 min drive all and a lot of vapor came out of the engine bay when i turned the engine off, now i have a leak. i can only see the water moving along the sump from the front of the engine, Its approximately in the middle but i can't trace it higher up due to the incredible number of parts that block the view.

So my question is is there a common problem that i should look at first or simply start taking parts off and hope it's nothing major?

N.B. - In my case temp light didn't come on when i was driving

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 31-08-2017, 04:25 PM
landaqmabba

car is a 2000 model. was a leak however pink stains where impossible to trace as engine leaks pretty much everything from everywhere =) Anyway i had a rubber tee damaged it was covered in oils and grease.i traced 2 of the 3 pipes, one comes from the reservoir (the lower thick pipe on reservoir.) the other comes from water pump and goes to radiator.

The tee was badly torn and was leaking water everywhere. Another thing is car had normal tap water and that s what i gave it, well what i give all my cars actually XD we don t need antifreeze in Malta since temperature only goes down to 6-10 deg celsius and that s worst case... I usually remove thermostat on other cars to move water fast since we have a massive amount of heat and loads of traffic, but i didn t do it on the ka, not yet at least.

Anyway i replaced the DIY tee with another one hopefully mine is stronger then that of the previous owner.

Old tee i cut below,<br/>new 1/2" metal tee with nipples above

new tee fitted in car
Old 11-09-2017, 07:22 PM
landaqmabba

yea thanks, i replaced the old water with some fresh new one since it hasn't sprung any new leaks, and yea she s an awesome little car i always come out with a smile on my face ahahahahahahahha but the brakes are underwhelming to say the least i might upgrade them or at least the pads soon since i have a heavy right foot