Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

sappire cosworth electrical issues help needed

Search this Thread

Old 27-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Andyb.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sappire cosworth electrical issues help needed

Cosworth wiring issues I bought the car that had been off road for many years I took it all apart to sort work that needed doing then built it back up now many electrial components aren't working I never tested them before I took apart either so not sure if was working before I stripped the whole inside of car and running gear the car I running and drives the list as follows of what is working and another list of what isn't
working components are
Headlights working
The roof map lights working
ignition lights batt oil handbrake working
wipers working
horns working
fuel warning light working
Interior footwell lights working

(List below is what is not working )
intstrument speedo back lights
hazards when pushed stays lit up on switch not indicators themselves
indicators all round (though the illumination for indicators shows a very light green light when on) but doesn't work on the lenses
electric windows
elec mirrors
All of rear lights / brake lights and number plate lights not working either
could I have missed earth wires somewhere ? does any one know the locations of all the earth wires? Thanks in advance
Old 27-06-2017, 09:33 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

3dr, 2WD or 4x4?

Most of the earths are secured in the passenger and drivers front foot wells if you take off the trim, there's also an earth on the top of the steering column, can't remember off the top of my head what each one does. If you can confirm the model I have most of the diagrams (somewhere) but fixing it depends on how up to speed or patient you are at reading them and tracing things. I used to be a total novice but over time and after many problems in different cossies I can get to the bottom of most things eventually, just take your time and learn as you go, shame you're not closer or i'd nip round for a look.

Some of my handy work today!

Old 27-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Andyb.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reply mate it's a sapphire 4x4 I know there isn't one on the column as I looked to screw that one In as thought there should be one there on the top by the hazard switch area from previous experience but could not see one in that area will have a check again see if I missed it also is there any Boot area ? as I haven't seen any in there either the only places I can see the earths is behind the headlights on the front panel 1 each side and the one under centre console 1 behind passenger side kick panel and there is 2 groups of 2 together that earth under dash on the steeeing cage bracket up towards the top bulkhead that is fixed to bulkhead none on the actual column part near switches where the cowling bolts to if you know what I mean?
Old 30-06-2017, 06:50 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

2wd earths on top of plenam if that helps