Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:39 AM
jay14mk
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hi guys, my first post on the site, hope it's in the right place.
I have a 58 plate ST 225 with remap.
I am constantly loosing turbo boost, the ESP warning light is showing, and engine management light is showing.
My local garage said its because the battery was faulty, so I rang the AA who confirmed this and fitted a new battery, I went back to the garage who then cleared the codes. I drove home and everything was OK, when I started the car next, all the faults had returned. This has now happened four times, each time I go back to be told the battery has been drained and that's why the car is throwing up the faults, so they charge the battery and clear the codes and on it goes, I do two runs per day 25 miles each way. Also I have recently had a Nextbase dash cam hard wired in, and also I have upgraded the headlight bulbs from 4300k to 8000k....but I have unplugged the dashcam and sometimes not even turned the headlights on, but the problems still return, am at my wits end.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:12 AM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

What are the exact fault code descriptions and/or the numbers of these codes?
(Both in the engine and the ABS/ESP modules.)
Old 06-03-2017, 08:07 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Sounds like the air flow meter is playing up. It went on mine and it threw up an esp fault. Quite common on the ST's.