Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Electronic boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM
r5matt
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electronic boost controller

Electronic boost controllers,

The Car in question is a fiesta rst fitted with a Greddy multi boost setting controller. I am Basically looking for some guidance or advice on what to do with this Item which is currently fitted.

The cars set up to run 20psi, on ofab with a superchip which has been mapped by Ahmed bajoo around 5 years ago, the previous owner of my car from the top of his memory touched on the fact that they found it difficult to map the car with the boost controller and that they wanted to do away with it and fit a 3bar map sensor?. The reason for this thread is That I am looking to maybe do away with the boost controller but i don't want to mess things up. If i remove it would I mess the map up? Would I cause issues else where?

Its got a low/hi boost setting and I have admittedly flicked between both settings but really haven't noticed any difference at all. The cars having issues at the moment as it is, with boost cut just over 11psi and then other times it will fly to 20psi with out hesitation if this is related I don't know!.

Should I take it out and run it on an Amal valve? Or leave it in?. Orrr ?? .

Cheers
Old 05-07-2014, 03:05 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

You should have a 3 BAR already with that boost!

You really need to get it setup, the fact there is such a discrepancy in the boost is quite worrying, has yours had a T3 conversion?

There is a mod similar to what you describe, which is affectionately known as "2 stage boost" which sounds rather fancy, in reality it's nothing other than cutting power to the boost controller, this will probably be more sophisticated in your case though, given your controller.

I am not sure on the implications of removing it, does it still run via the ECU or independent.

Martin
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM
r5matt
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Martin

(The Cars running 1.9 zvh, t34 on Lancia Intergrale injectors, grs, )

From where I can trace It back to, it looks as if it just runs via the boost solenoid. I can't see it t'ing off anywhere else. It's definitely not running the 3 bar map sensor though !.

I've failed to mention that I believe I have an intermittent fuel pump problem, but would that cause the the boost discrepancy?.

Matt