Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Focus Mk1 ABS & Traction

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2012, 03:18 PM
gazbham
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus Mk1 ABS & Traction

Sorry if this has been asked before if im in the wrong place its my first day on here and new to forums, if i am can someone point me in the right place.

Bought a 2.0 Zetec Focus W reg for what i thought was a great price and apart from this problem its spot on. Lad i got it from was a friend ov a friend and he said needs a new abs sensor on front right or as there is a bearing in the glove box someone has put the bearing in wrong or wrong bearing altogether and has had to remove the ABS fuse coz that wheel locks up. So thought fair enough hes told me wats up for the price cant complain.
Havnt change the bearing but did put new sensor on and replaced the fuse and the wheel no longer locks up and codes pointed to that wheel but ABS light, Traction light are constantly on and once hit just over 10 mph handbrake light comes on. Could this be the bearing, i dnt pretend i know everything but if it just the magnetic pick up on the bearing surely the lights would not come on till i start moving and its picking movement up or could this be something else. I have done a voltage check to each wheel sensor and have checked that there are no brakes in any wires to the plug on the ABS unit and all are fine and very close readings to each other. Please give advise its really annoying me.
Old 19-09-2012, 12:28 PM
TheSupremeAuthority

Have you fixed this as that is exactly what i have atm.

I just had a bloke use a code reader on it and it said that the LF sensor circuit was missing and then went to say it could be down to ppick up rings but as this happen before me replacing the front hubs i'm doubting that and just believe its a sensor.
Old 21-09-2012, 01:34 PM
gazbham
Virgin

havnt got round to fitting the bearing yet been to busy its still sat here because wen checking the voltage on the other side i never fixed the wire properly and its caught in the wheel and broke it hopimg to get it done next week
Old 28-09-2012, 09:47 AM
gazbham
Virgin

Default update still problems

got bearing fitted and changed sensor on other side so both were new, started up lights still on so disconnected battery for half hour started again tc light gone out, take handbrake off and that light goes out thought getting somewhere but abs light still on, so i think drive down road to garage and get reader on it mite take abs light off, goes to drive off slowly on a dry road almighty judder and what felt like no power but its all or most ov the wheels locking up. So i stop press the tc button to turn it off and tc and hb light come bk on and car drives fine, try and turn tc bk on wont have it. turn key off and bk on and does the same as above again so now everytime i start the car have to press tc or car just wont move. really getting on my nerves now please anyone any ideas