Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford Capri 2.0 I EFI

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
82capri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Capri 2.0 I EFI

Took the efi engine loom and ecu from my old Mk3 granada. The mechanic cut the wires. Got it all back together, got her working, been working great for the last 2000 miles then it started Missing, then noticed 2 plugs had died, replaced plugs then Ignition module 11531 i think, got another one from my spare Sierra loom. Lasted 2 days then packed up. Fuel relay switch on off died too had to direct live it. sometimes works qgain then stops, qnyway the 2nd ign unit went. Got a brand new one today but now im scared to plug it in. Maybe summats wrong with the car? What cid it be? ECU? I do have a spare one if need be. Ive noticed before the Ign dies completely it takea ages to start and the car jolts/ kangaroos down the road when driving. Please any help you can give wud be great
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Blue-Oval-Bass
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Not too sure on the ecu probs but would it would be worth checking all the earth points as a bad or floating earth could explain most of the gremlims and issues you are having.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:46 PM
82capri

Checked am all cleaned and re earthed. But i dont wanna blow a third module. Ford say its spiking sumwhere but £96 an hour to find it. No thNk you. Maybe just get another loom? Oh one more thing is it normal for the Ecu to make a faint ticking noise?
Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Blue-Oval-Bass
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I would hang off sticking the new ecu in until you speak to some of the more educated guys on here.
Sure you will get some help soon , hope you get to the bottom of it.