Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

rst metering head problem huhu

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
////ANTHONY
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rst metering head problem huhu

theres no output from one of the injectors, no output from the port even when i disconnect the red pipe from the port, its the rear left one, it was ok 2 months ago when i last run the engine, the van is a restoration im working on, had it 3 years,
the metering head is a replacement because the same output on the old unit was over fueling grrrrrrr,
Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 PM
////ANTHONY

anyone know where i can get the metering head serviced and checked, im based in wolverhampton, i dont want to risk buying another unless i can see and hear the engine running on a donor car,
Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 PM
JonathanJ
PassionFord Regular

Many years ago I stripped one of these for a friend to see what the issue was , inside the head is relatively simple , the only thing that can cause the issue is some debris on the head or on the output side as you say nothing is coming out , even found a pdf that is good to look at http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/B...chtech-12d.pdf , have a look , pm me if you want me to open it up , only just down the road
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM
////ANTHONY

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JonathanJ
Many years ago I stripped one of these for a friend to see what the issue was , inside the head is relatively simple , the only thing that can cause the issue is some debris on the head or on the output side as you say nothing is coming out , even found a pdf that is good to look at http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/B...chtech-12d.pdf , have a look , pm me if you want me to open it up , only just down the road
thanks for the linky, ill have a good look at that at the weekend,
i striped my old one, after i finaly opened it up with the dril and a hammer, there is springs inside and a fine filter, cant see how just one port can block, when i first fitted this head it was the same as now, but i took the side bolt out and let the pump run for a couple of seconds, this cured it and worked normal, but now this is working, ill have another play with it at the weekend and thanks for the offer to have a look at it for me, not sure what to do yet, no rush, will be about 3 months before the van is ready for mot, thats if i can get a mig welder
Old 06-07-2011, 02:05 PM
rsbolts

I add this with mine changed to efi in end m8 you can still bye metering head from ford but that are a grand efi it m8 also more tuneable
Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 PM
////ANTHONY

Originally Posted by rsbolts
I add this with mine changed to efi in end m8 you can still bye metering head from ford but that are a grand efi it m8 also more tuneable
a grand :O, that dosnt suprise me, i would prefer efi but dont fancy changing changing all the wireing ect, ill see how much a metering head is from the local ford breakers is, atlest i can take it back if its faulty
Old 16-07-2011, 10:22 PM
////ANTHONY

i started the van again today and its running on all cylinders, hope it stays like this, ill try and run it every day if i can, whats the best fuel injector cleaner to use? ill start a build thread on this van when its near read to go on the road