Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo TDCi 2006 fuel metering control fault

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:12 PM
wasptim
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo TDCi 2006 fuel metering control fault

Hi All
When the engine is loaded the glow plug light comes on and car has no power. I have the fault code P0251 -Injection pump fuel metering control (cam/Rotor/Inj).

I have inspected the fuel filter for swarf (broken fuel pump) BUT it is very clean. So I dont think the pump is faulty. What about the sensors on pump/in system?

The car runs fine for mile after mile when not under load so can the injectors really be knackered? If so how come good starting and general running? Not loads of smoke (a little when foot down though).

Someone suggested the electronic turbo device failing but according to someone on ebay that repairs them that would bring up a different fault code relating to the turbo pressure.

What can I try next?

Any Ideas greatly recieved!
Cheers
Tim
Old 12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
forevaford
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont want to sound common here but id go for injectors, i had this code with the same symptoms as you, and it ended being the injectors leaking too much through the spill causing low common rail pressure (only on high pressure command) thus putting DTC p0251. as they get worse ul also get another DTC saying something like "cr pressure too low during cranking"
bestthing to do is remove all 4 injectors and have them tested