Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

2.0 Blacktop Turbo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
4eyes
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 Blacktop Turbo Questions

Hi all... Im new to the forum, but mainly new to fords!!

Ive been doing engine conversions for a few years, but mainly on the vauxhall scene with the good old redtop novas etc...

Had a bit of a laugh with a c20xe redtop and a fiat seicento with a mate from here, which made the practical performance magazine...

After looking at a few retro fords, im interested in getting something fun to tinker with, although im not clued up on the ford scene...

Im looking at building a 2.0 Blacktop turbo engine and fitting into a mk2 fiesta..

As im in the process of looking for parts, ive found a loom and ecu (ofac) at quite a good deal, however the loom is without the EDIS...

As far as i know this edis thing, controls the spark somehow, but will any ford edis do... or do i require one from the FRST to match the loom/ecu i have.

Finally looking at the differences between the ofac and ofab ecu & Map sensor... as fas as i can tell, the ecu im interested in is limited to 1.1bar boost...

Im intending to run a t3 turbo, with the ofac system and looking to only run a moddest 230-250bhp.. will this be possible? I was told a compression ratio of 8.5:1 would achieve around that figure @ 11psi.. Can anyone confirm this? And would a plate & gasket achieve close to this, or will it be way out?

Looking at the route of a decomp plate and single headgasket conversion (if i cant source some let pistons in the mean time...)

Has anyone used the early c20xe pistons in the turbo conversions? They are forged items with a little dish, although differ to the c20let ones slightly.

Sorry for these questions, however i cant find this info within the guides etc...