View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
4eyes
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 Blacktop Turbo Questions

Hi all... Im new to the forum, but mainly new to fords!!

Ive been doing engine conversions for a few years, but mainly on the vauxhall scene with the good old redtop novas etc...

Had a bit of a laugh with a c20xe redtop and a fiat seicento with a mate from here, which made the practical performance magazine...

After looking at a few retro fords, im interested in getting something fun to tinker with, although im not clued up on the ford scene...

Im looking at building a 2.0 Blacktop turbo engine and fitting into a mk2 fiesta..

As im in the process of looking for parts, ive found a loom and ecu (ofac) at quite a good deal, however the loom is without the EDIS...

As far as i know this edis thing, controls the spark somehow, but will any ford edis do... or do i require one from the FRST to match the loom/ecu i have.

Finally looking at the differences between the ofac and ofab ecu & Map sensor... as fas as i can tell, the ecu im interested in is limited to 1.1bar boost...

Im intending to run a t3 turbo, with the ofac system and looking to only run a moddest 230-250bhp.. will this be possible? I was told a compression ratio of 8.5:1 would achieve around that figure @ 11psi.. Can anyone confirm this? And would a plate & gasket achieve close to this, or will it be way out?

Looking at the route of a decomp plate and single headgasket conversion (if i cant source some let pistons in the mean time...)

Has anyone used the early c20xe pistons in the turbo conversions? They are forged items with a little dish, although differ to the c20let ones slightly.

Sorry for these questions, however i cant find this info within the guides etc...