Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Focus break help

Search this Thread

Old 20-05-2011, 07:29 AM
RichieL
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus break help

I changed both front discs and pads.....Really pleased with myself.....Although was a tad nervous when I drove her after changing the discs and pads!

The drivers side caliper was so easy to get off as in the 2 bolts, the passenger side was a real sod and took all my strenth to move both bolts, but moved in the end! Took out and cleaned up as with copper grease.

All is good....Drives fine and stops which always helps! I was told to take it easy for the first 150 miles on the new brakes. I would like the brakes to be sharper though, as in a higher biting point and a sharp bite.....any ideas? All my 205 GTI's and Renault 5 GT Turbos have all had this but my Focus is an easy kind of feel on the brakes?
Also since changing the discs and pads I can hear a slight 'clonk' noise.....sounds like it could be coming from the passenger side? It only seems to happen when turning either a moderate/heavy right or left at low speeds? Any ideas on the above??

Big thanks in advance