Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

HELP!!! Momo Alloy Wheel Unlocking Tool? See Pics Please.

Search this Thread

Old 23-01-2005, 10:51 PM
TwoCossieBob
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Momo Alloy Wheel Unlocking Tool? See Pics Please.

Hi Chaps

I urgently need some help from anyone that has Momo alloy wheels and a locking wheel nut tool.

I have bought a car with Momo alloys fitted but there is no tool to unlock the wheels and I need to get them off asap. Does any one have a tool they can lend me in exchange for my thanks and a pint etc?

Could you all look at the pictures and see if you can help? Does anyone recognise the type of nut and tool required? They may not of course be Momo locking wheel nuts I am just guessing they are as the wheels are?

The nuts sit deep inside the wheel recess's and so getting to them with a chisel etc is going to be very hard. I want to sell the wheels and so I would prefer not to hack them to pieces!

Please help if you can, if not speak to your mates for me. I guess a tool form a non ford car would also fit if anyone has one or knows of one?

Many thanks.
Bob

Old 25-01-2005, 05:08 PM
nicksaph
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hello mate
can't help you with a proper locking tool, but if you don't mind destroying the locking nuts it is possable to "hammer" a 12 point socket on near the size of the nuts and undo them with a long socket bar! most locking nuts are about 19mm/3/4". done it many times on cars where the tool has been lost and has worked 100%, if you haven't got access to the sockets etc i am sure your local back street garage would do it for you for a small donation to the tips box
Old 26-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Moonie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As above

You can also get a tool from most car accessory shops to do the job. It has a tapered left had thread which locks onto the locking bolt as you remove it.