Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

blower/indicators

Search this Thread

Old 22-01-2005, 08:15 AM
fowls@blueyonder.co.uk
fowls32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower/indicators

can anyone help
driving along last night-bit chilly so i decided to switch on the fan-does'nt work so i think ok probably the motor,anyway go to use the indicators and that does'nt work either everything else works apart from these things,also i fitted a fan switch when this is off it illuminates and does'nt when it is switched on.so this is not working either it does'nt turn the fan on and is not illuminating.it was working earlier and i've had no problems before-are these all connected (which it seems as it is)if so how do i fix it i've checked all the fuses and nothing has blown i'm not sure about the relays as the haynes manual is double-dutch to me when it comes to wireing diagrams
i would be grateful if anyone can help as i don't fancy driving with no heat and more importantly no indicators!!!
Old 31-01-2005, 04:00 PM
grant_xr
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Your indicators go through a relay, have a look on the fuse box cover to see which relay controls them. If you cant find it turn on your indicators and hit the top of the relays one by one.
If there is a dodgy relay it will start to work when you hit it.
Does your fan not work on all speeds?
If so you'll have to check if there is a feed down at the motor if there is it will be a dodgy motor.
If the motor spins on the third speed but not any others it is most likely to be your resistor that controls the speeds that is away!
Not sure how your fan switch illuminates when off and not when on.
For the illumination of the switch you should tap into a feed from your lights. You can pick this up from the fuse box. (find out which fuse controls your lights) Connect this to the illumination terminal on the switch. This will allow the light to com on when you put your lights on at night.
You should also have an ignition feed which you could also pick up from your fuse box or even your headunit. This will go into the switch then have another wire running to your fan which will carry the feed down to it when the switch is operated, you will also have to earth this feed down at the fan which could be directly to the body of the car or directly to the battery earth (this would be the best option).
Hope this helps mate!
grant