Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fiesta si clutch ratchet... help :(

Search this Thread

Old 13-02-2010, 06:31 PM
ben17southport
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fiesta si clutch ratchet... help :(

this is my first time straying away from the fiesta-si.com site but here it goes... been gettin a clicky/sticky clutch after bringing my foot off after changing gear. ive been told its my clutch ratchet and that it either needs readjusting or replacing (wich aparently is a 'cooont' to do) could anyone let us know which it needs and how to do whatever i need lol thanks, ben
Old 13-02-2010, 06:36 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

if it just wants adjusting then look at your clutch pedal; it will have an allen key on the front just tweak this till pedal feels right if the ratchet needs doing take it someone who knows what they are doing if not confident yourself they can be a twat to someone inexperienced i personally dont think they are that bad i just whip the pedal box out then its no problem to change
Old 13-02-2010, 06:42 PM
ben17southport
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by botters
if it just wants adjusting then look at your clutch pedal; it will have an allen key on the front just tweak this till pedal feels right if the ratchet needs doing take it someone who knows what they are doing if not confident yourself they can be a twat to someone inexperienced i personally dont think they are that bad i just whip the pedal box out then its no problem to change
cheers pal il have a look tomorrow. guessing it will be a trip to the garage though!

thanks
Old 13-02-2010, 09:49 PM
JamesyRS
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as botters said mate just take the full pedal box out alot easier, although make sure you need it replaced 1st! Ive done the hassle of it out and it didnt need replaced. Usually hits the floor and ratchets back up when it needs replaced as this the only time ave had to replace mine and ive done plenty can be a crappy job but worth it if you stick at it but I think yours may just need adjusting