Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Brake wobble ???

Search this Thread

Old 15-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Brake wobble ???

Brake wobble ???
A bit of advice wouldn't go amiss.I waited 3 weeks for some dimpled and grooved discs and red stuffs (all around) for my 2wd saff from Graham Goode.I had recently refurbed my front calipers and replaced one rear so when i had fitted the discs i took them to my mates and had the car put on the brake rollers to check any run out or discrepancies in the calipers which came out perfect,he even offered me a job lol.Anywho 140 miles later i was getting a wobble under gentle braking so i rung GG and advised.Their reply was maybe i have a bush worn out.No i said its all poly bushed and no probs before.240 miles later so they are bed in now,no sharpe breaking done and still a wobble.Back to the rollers for me this week.Any thoughts anyone ???????????? please !! Oh sorry 2wd sapphire cosworth,dont suppose that makes any diff tho.
Old 16-12-2008, 01:52 AM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have gone for the bush option after all else you've had done. How old are the current poly bushes? I have had to have brake bushes redone in the past even though they were polybushed. Its worth double checking.
The other option is a warped disc but I can't see how you would of warped them as you were nice to them on the bedding in, unless they were faulty to start with?

Bit of a mystery, hope you get it sorted!
Old 16-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks,i have decided to change the fluid,pipes and flexi now.