Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!
View Poll Results: whats this
0%
0%
0%
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Whats Been Done To Mk4 Van! Need Any Help On Awt Ask Away!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
rsvmad1
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Been Done To Mk4 Van! Need Any Help On Awt Ask Away!!!

Theres not many of these about anymore this was my project an did everthing myself so if any1 needs any help on anything just ask..

Right when i bought the van it was a standered white deisel, i bought that then seen a 5door mk4 1.6petrol with 68tou(the van has about 70thou) on clock i bought that as the doner, still have all the paper work for that 2!
everything posible was then put on the van ie enigine, loom etc, electric windows an wing mirrows, carpets, dash, breakes etc etc then i bought the bodykit got it spayed up bought the alloys which have done about ten mile!
reason hasnt been drove much i got cought dangerouse driving in the vtr so i just decidided to do a project for when i got my licence, that was 3 years ago then lost my buisness a year ago so the van got stood for a year i got it back a month ago, then fully udersealed(suprisingly for age a very solid van), brand new breaks all round, new exhaust an cobra stainless back box, fitted front and back racaros from my rs2000 i sold as spares(ill have pics 2moz if any1 wants to see how i did the job).
Then work started on the engine!! all the hoses taken of an cleaned, head off with with everything cleaned out, gasket now fitted done about 10 mile since all this, the engine runs sweet but only the mothers drove it i was in passanger seat an she put her foot down a lttle bit 2 about 4 tho an got there pretty quik its a good angine just need insurance an shitty L plates so i can have a blast, when i put the head back on i did the valve stem oil seals aswell just to be sure.
Then the mot its had lights realighile hned, new back break pipes done so 12month mot, 6month tax just had loads done on it, the front still needs to be lowered but thats getting done, ive jus lowereded the back i flipped the axle an fitted blocks aswell i was thinking of taking the blocks out an cutting them in half to lift it an inch cause obviously with the back seats when people are in the back it might rub duno yet havnt tried with people in it yet but thats an easy job(pics of this 2 i no a few people had probs with this job)!

While im hear does any1 have any good advise on fitting tinted windows? cheers

ill add more pics 2moz

Last edited by rsvmad1; 09-10-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Kris_23
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

You might want to break that text into paragraphs fella makes it very difficult to read in one big block.

Vans nice thou pal
Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
rsvmad1
PassionFord Regular

Got a single backdoor when i puchased the kit but fook tryin that job lol

Last edited by rsvmad1; 10-10-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 AM
rsvmad1
PassionFord Regular

think i might have to do that inch lift speed bumps are cropping up every were now!!