Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

boost dropping off tunner said.......

Search this Thread

Old 24-09-2008, 06:53 AM
mark2
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost dropping off tunner said.......

hi all
the car is a erst 1.6 piper t2 front mount intercooler , -31 and s/chipped mfi fueling
freshly rebuilt 2.5k miles
right i had the car rolling road setup at b d engineering and had a problem with the car holding boost which is like this boost to 14 psi then drops to 10 but that was when he backed off accelarator so car was set to there and he advised me to use an electronic boost controller and also said it could be down to a tired ecu
he stated the turbo/actuator is fine and responds to adjustment and everythink else on the engine was fine so we left it there
on the drive home i found the boost drop far worse than he stated
i found it like this 5th gear foot to the floor hits 14 psi drops to 12 psi and then it creeps quickly down to 7/8 psi think it will drop further but the car is hitting to much speed to keep my foot down and i value my licence
but if i bring the boost on slowly like this
i ease the throttle down and watch the boost rise and then it holds boost i have only tested it this way to hold 12 psi and not at full throttle
is there somethink he may of missed i will be phoning him at some point shortly as i was going out to buy a electronic controller and head back to the rollers
i got to admit i know nothing about the managment side of things but is it possible the tps plays apart in this only because at full throttle the problem is there but the throttle controll stated above the boost seems fine will see today if i can get it to hold 14 psi with the throttle not fully down and will report back
also could the amal valve be at fault
i would be grateful for any replies
mark2