Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

t2 or t3???

Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
<____ALEX____>
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t2 or t3???

hi guys
can some one tell me the differences between t2 and t3 turbos,i know t3 is bigger but what charactaristics do they have?would a t2 be ok for about 200bhp? basicly i got a standard frst engine to hopefully go in my orion and will be looking for about 200bhp,would this be achivable with just chip,bigger intercooler and up the boost?
cheers
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
ShandzS1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i`d go with the t3
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
<____ALEX____>

yer but that means messing about making it fit and then i also gotto get hold of one.if the t2 would be capable then i would rather just use that.how much boost would the t2 be able to give roughly?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

The t2 will not flow enough for anywhere near 200bhp mate....T3 isnt exactly a massive mod is it...different manifold, boost pipes and downpipe are all thats needed really and theyre all ERST items....ohh and a chip/remap.

Dan
Old 10-12-2007, 12:56 PM
<____ALEX____>

oh i see,will the T2 not provide enough boost or summin then? havent you got to mess about with the oil and water pipes though? or is this not such a hard thing to do.
cheers
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 AM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

Well the oil pipe isn't such a big deal, it can be bent somewhere near and joined to the exisating one with a piece of silicone or ford hose (or you might be able to use the T3 oil return I'm not sure 100percent)....as for the water, personally i'd leave it off...the only thing the water does is buffer out the temp increases in the oil...if you let the engine/turbo warm up and cool down before turning off the ignition then its not really needed.

To be fair its not a hard conversion and it's a pretty common thing to do to a frst as they came with the smaller turbos...any decent tuner should be able to do the T3 conversion....or have a bash yourself if the engines out of the car..it's only a case of bolting it all up and making it fit right.

If you decide to go ahead with the conversion I have an old erst (t3) stainless steel downpipe somewhere back home in the garage. if you need it let m know i'll fish it out.

cheers

Dan
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 AM
<____ALEX____>

yer it would be alot easyer to do whilst the engine is out of the car,i will let you know closer to the time when i will be doing the conversion as i still need to get hold of a engine loom for it and with it being christmas im not exactly loaded at the moment lol thanks though,i will let you know.
alex

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.