Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

oil pressure gague

Search this Thread

Old 21-11-2007, 09:07 PM
bigcam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure gague

hello guys, im wating 2 buy an oil pressure gague, wanting 2 no which 2 buy and where to connect in all up. it is for a 2wd cos engine.. cheers
Old 21-11-2007, 11:37 PM
cossieDavedree
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default oil pessue gauge

hi there, Well in my experience i went to burton power website.
www.burtonpower.com. I bought the mocal gauge with oil temp and oil pressure. But i imagine you just want the single pressur gauge which they do. I went for capillary, but it upto u what u want.

Fitting. I took off the adapter block which has the union for the turbo oil feed pipe, and on the end of it the threaded hole for the oil pressure switch. I Drilled a hole directly opposite the turbo oil feed, and threaded a die to the size of the adapter that comes with the oil gauge kit.
I cleaned it all out thoroughly and then attached everything to the engine bottom end.

I did this because I am a cheap skate.. But i do believe that Burton sell a t or y piece adapter to avoid any drilling.. just give them a ring they'll help you out. Had a electric oil pressure gauge in my xr3i and the sender unit i used a spare bung in the block.

hope i can help
Old 21-11-2007, 11:41 PM
cossieDavedree
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

if u need pictures let me know