Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Fiesta LX Immobiliser Fault!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta LX Immobiliser Fault!

Hi guys!

Just bought a Fiesta LX 1997 model, It has all the lights on the ignition when the key is turn but then nothing else? I've changed the ignition switch but still nothing! could the starter be jammed? theres no clicking just pure silence! I've checked all fuses and relays and they seem ok, apparently the problem just appeared one day and there was nothing there! We also tried bomb starting it and it wouldn't go? any one help please?

Thanks

Spax
Old 02-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Can you heard the fuel pump primming when you first turn the ignition on. What engine is it. My girl friend has a mk5 fiesta 1.25 16v. I did service on it at work i went to start it to check the oil level n the started wouldn t work i just used a bar and a hammer on the starter motor. Then it started after a few taps.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:15 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a immobiliser on it ?
Just leave ignition on, car in neutral and put a wire straight to starter terminal on the solenoid nearest the starter itself, it should then turn and start, try it, CAREFULLY!
tabetha
Old 02-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by glennshute
Can you heard the fuel pump primming when you first turn the ignition on. What engine is it. My girl friend has a mk5 fiesta 1.25 16v. I did service on it at work i went to start it to check the oil level n the started wouldn t work i just used a bar and a hammer on the starter motor. Then it started after a few taps.
Nope no pump or anyhing, it's totally dead...silence! no noise from the starter at all! I'm thinking maybe a relay or sumthing silly? I've changed the ignition switch and still nothing, theres power to the starter,a guy from work checked it the other week
Old 02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by tabetha
Do you have a immobiliser on it ?
Just leave ignition on, car in neutral and put a wire straight to starter terminal on the solenoid nearest the starter itself, it should then turn and start, try it, CAREFULLY!
tabetha
Its a 1.25 16v

don't think they have an immobiliser as standard? deffo non otherswise, altho it's acting like it has an immobiliser thats kicking in! very wierd! it's driving me mad!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

What type of key do u have is the plastic part a bit chunky n does it have a red square on the top of the key. If so the key has a chip in for the ford imobilzer.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:20 PM
MarkN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

It will have a SafeGuard PATS immobiliser built in from the factory. Does the red light on the clock flash at all when you turn to pos 2 or does it go out?

WTF is a "bomb start" when its at home ? Sounds a bit dangerous

Trending Topics

Old 02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by glennshute
What type of key do u have is the plastic part a bit chunky n does it have a red square on the top of the key. If so the key has a chip in for the ford imobilzer.
Think it has a red bit in it yes,deffo a skinny key, not a chunky one with a light in
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MarkN
It will have a SafeGuard PATS immobiliser built in from the factory. Does the red light on the clock flash at all when you turn to pos 2 or does it go out?

I'll check tmw, which should it do?

LOL @ Bomb Start
Old 03-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Just spoke to the previous owner and he said it started playing up about an hour before it died, he said he went to start it and nothing happened, tried it again and it started then afterwards he went to use it again and there was nothing, sounds like a dodgy connection/starter buggered?
Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MarkN

The light doesn't come on at all, key in or out the ignition? does this mean it's faulty i'm guessing? if so is it fused/relayed anywhere?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Ok small update, the small red light will come on for roughly 3-4 secs when trying to start it, also it will flash once or twice?, seems likes it's deffo the immobiliser, can this be reset or removed easily? obviously PM me if you know how I've tried both keys each with the rey chip in them also, no difference at all

Please help me as I need this car as mine is getting very close to death!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Any1?