Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

these in car boost adjusters what they all about

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2007 | 12:27 AM
khanny
Regular Contributor

Default these in car boost adjusters what they all about

been thinking of getting 1 cos getting under the car adjustin the actuators a bit of a pain but i dont get how they work with you having to shorten and lenghn the rod
can any1 explain and what do you reckon to them just i want to set my boost just right before i take it to the rollin road
Old 16-02-2007 | 06:46 AM
JesseT
PassionFord Post Troll

Shortening and lenghtening the actuator rod is NOT the way adjust boost. The rod preload should be a few millimeters and never much more than that. Boosst is then adjusted by controlling how big a portion of the boost pressure reaches the wastegate actuator. Of course selecting a suitable actuator in the first place is crucial.
The in car boost adjusters are most ususally just valves that make a controlled leak to the wastegate actuator hose. This is usually referred to as bleeding and the valve a bleeder.
Old 16-02-2007 | 01:18 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

The manual in car adjusters are good but at the same time deadly in the wrong hands. Most people just install them in such a way that they can keep turning up the boost forever.

We all know in the heat of the moment you can get a bit power hungry, and if youve got the ability to run unlimited boost you sooner or later will take your luck too far and BANG!

If you buy one get it set up properly so you cant take it past a safe boost level.

And you would want to fit this before you have you rolling road set up done aswell!!