Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Looking for some parts numbers

Search this Thread

Old 20-08-2006, 12:45 AM
AliTwo1Zero
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some parts numbers

After a previous owner decided to inject some extra noise to the engine bay of my 2 litre Focus Zetec, by way of a dodgy K&N induction kit, I'm on a bit of a quest to rip it out. Its noisy, got a hole in it (somehow), and does somewhere in the region of naff all.

I've heard that replacing the standard filter (in a standard airbox) with a K&N / Pipercross panel filter, using a ST170 snorkel & an 2.0l Auto Air Deflector is considerably better than using a daft induction kit (and probably a lot cheaper - much to my disgust, Halfords want £95 for a new K&N 57i induction kit thingy).

Basically, Im on a bit of a quest to hunt the Ford parts down, since the previous owner hasnt decided to give me the original airbox. I figure, if I need a new airbox, I may aswell get an ST170 one to fit the snorkel in, rather than hack up a brand new standard one to get it to fit.

If anyone can validate these part numbers (and give me the ST170 airbox number & a rough cost) it would be much appreciated!

2.0L Auto Air Deflector: #1212560 about £8 with VAT
ST Snorkel: #4359190 £21 With VAT
ST170 Airbox: ___________ (fill in the blanks )

If anyone knows of any mail order / online places that are likely to sell these parts cheaper than a typical local Ford garage, that'd be grand too!

Finally, anyone know how to stop it raining in England? Its bloody annoying trying to polish a car so I can take some photos, only for it to be covered in shite again 2 seconds later!

Cheers guys & girls.

Alistair.