Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Fuel, I need More Fuel!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2006, 09:28 PM
originalcabbie
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel, I need More Fuel!!!!!!!

Guys/Gals,

With all the big power RS's out there, I went and brought a spanker of a S1 with modded engine, still retaining the CVH as I am a firm believer of keeping some closeness with the roots of the S1.

Guy said to me when he sold it that it just had a newman cam and solid lifters and needed a set up as the engine had only been run in.

Went to PJ Motorsport in Wolverhampton after 3.5 hrs and a whoppping £378 bill, (did include oil, plugs dizzy cap etc.) I get told its running safely at 17 psi 190BHP at the wheels. 190 FUCKING BHP this engine shoudl be in the region of 250 - 270 with all the parts and mods etc.

Two problems I have, 1. 5th injector set up is a RS cold start valve. Now I am gonna remove this and for know fit a standard fiesta turbo injector as I have one in a manifold in the garage but I really need a dark green cossie injector.

2. Just cant get enuf fuel. Had a email chat with a guy who sells the braided fuel lines on the net as my car has a set of them. He says that his sets are larger tha nstandard, but the guy that sold me the car cant remember if the size was the same or not.

I know I have a cossie fuel pump, IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN INCREASE MY FUELLING TO SAFELY ENSURE THAT I CAN RUN 26 PSI AS THE REST OF IT COLD HANDLE IT (CHIP, TURBO ETC) BUT DIDNT HAVE ENUF FUEL TO RUN SAFELY.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP