Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Fordfair 2017

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 PM
roose1983
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fordfair 2017

After speaking to steve 1-PD and he is happy for me to post.

i run watFORDcc a local ford group also known as passionford Watford you may or may not be aware our ford fair stand booking is live under watFORDcc I have spoken to Kelsey and with good numbers we should have a decent plot the password for stand tickets and passes is

watford1

Anyone not sure who I am I'm the the bloke that had sonic the hedgehog all over the blue st 😝
The following users liked this post:
STeve (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 08:42 PM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

anyone wanting to go feel free to tag along with Ross ^, but there will be NO official pf stand at this show or any kelsey event in 2017 in protest at their extortionate price hikes and poor organisation in recent years at their events
Old 03-05-2017, 04:16 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
anyone wanting to go feel free to tag along with Ross ^, but there will be NO official pf stand at this show or any kelsey event in 2017 in protest at their extortionate price hikes and poor organisation in recent years at their events
I dont think Kelsey will care about the protest mate so not much point lol

Are you boycotting all other shows too?
Old 03-05-2017, 05:03 PM
STeve

Originally Posted by R4N SS
I dont think Kelsey will care about the protest mate so not much point lol

Are you boycotting all other shows too?
I know they wont care as others will take our places, but when I have people stating the shows crap and full of chavs revving up focus's theres no point in attending, only shows boycotted are those run by kelsey for 2017 as they have done little to nothing in terms of actual show entertainment in recent years and then have the cheek to slap and extra Ł5 on all shows per person
TommysKeeper (03-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 02:51 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm not going as 1-PD says
Last years Fordfair was a joke...!
There's plenty of other shows to attend for a lot less and in some cases free if showing
The following 3 users liked this post by slammedorion:
STeve (04-05-2017), studabear (04-05-2017), TommysKeeper (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:34 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

I'm deffo not going for the first time in 9 years. Last year was garbage.
The following 2 users liked this post by studabear:
slammedorion (05-05-2017), STeve (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:51 PM
STeve

real shame when greed and complacency take over as they forget all about the people that matters
slammedorion (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 01:43 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

I only go now for the trackday and often rock up to the gate around midday as you get in for free then
Old 06-05-2017, 10:01 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by R4N SS
I only go now for the trackday and often rock up to the gate around midday as you get in for free then
I thought that was your sense of timing
Old 15-06-2017, 08:19 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

It's a shame PF won't be in attendance this year. I personally found it ok last year, ok I noticed mentioned Focuses, but to be honest it's the new generation and it's the place to do it (rather than a local car park etc), so don't really see the issue. The "mechanical music" is part of the show for me.

Martin
Old 15-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Fordfair will be alot better this year after hearing Jamie's plans and tbh its the members decision not to go not one person think its a sham thats its been dragged down to this level

I wont be attending either but I have said my group are welcome to go and we are still helping to organising the stand
Old 16-06-2017, 09:22 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by martysmartie
It's a shame PF won't be in attendance this year. I personally found it ok last year, ok I noticed mentioned Focuses, but to be honest it's the new generation and it's the place to do it (rather than a local car park etc), so don't really see the issue. The "mechanical music" is part of the show for me.

Martin
be the first FF I have not been at in over 20yrs but since kelsey took over theres been nothing but aggro so they only have themself to blame, the Ł5 per head price hike did them no favors thats for sure, and it was a decision made by the attendees over the past 2 yrs not me as nearly all said its a show now for the more modern cars like the focus/fiesta st so most have simply decided to attend local shows and meets and have turned their backs inc me on kelsey run events.

also there was way more reasons than just the displaying car content that fills the show now, poor planning by kelsey, lack of actual entertainment, traders area a shadow of its former self, poor ticket and pass handling, price hike, badly organised track time, track time safety ignored last year as saw people in shorts and t shirts driving on track with windows open, booking system fees, in comparison to FF we are at the BTCC at silverstone sept 16/17th and price for whole weekend is Ł20 and includes 2 full days racing and pit passes with roaming and exhibition club stand area total value for money

Last edited by STeve; 16-06-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 16-06-2017, 03:12 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well said 1-PD

I can still get on stand if I wanted, but its principle for me hence not attending this year... Kelsey are having everyone's pants down with ticket prices yet again... and last year was a joke!!!

It was always 'the show' to go to for me, recently it's become the one I dread attending.

Price hike
Traffic
Displays
Auto jumble
It's a 250 mile round trip for me which has become a chore

Anyway I really hope it's better this year for all attending and I hope Kelsey start listening to those who want to show
If they don't attendance for this one will just get less and less quickly
STeve (16-06-2017)
Old 16-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Lol so few dont want to go still shoild mean the so called show organisatio should still offer the show to the masses as the fact its a ford show not offer because of a stamping feet tantrum because a few arnt happy .

has anyone actually spoken to fast ford and jame to see how he is working to revamp the show .

Last edited by Jay,; 16-06-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 16-06-2017, 06:22 PM
STeve

Originally Posted by Jay,
Lol so few dont want to go still shoild mean the so called show organisatio should still offer the show to the masses as the fact its a ford show not offer because of a stamping feet tantrum because a few arnt happy .

has anyone actually spoken to fast ford and jame to see how he is working to revamp the show .
considering our average stand size at this show has been around 100 cars for last 5 years and I had nothing but moaning over 2015s event then again for 2016 also bear in mind I have run the events single handed since 2011, I called a lunchtime meeting on stand with attendees at 2016s and less than 10% wanted to attend 2017s and are doing so under their own steam with my blessing, and as for Jamie I like him but he is fed usual crap by his employer and I have spoken to events team direct many times earlier this year to avoid the show being blackballed and they could say/do nothing to reassure of any definite positive plans, so like most we shall see reports from the day, I like many others have made alternate plans for that weekend now so they can crack on
Old 16-06-2017, 08:38 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We shall see how many arn't happy this year won't we
It's too late, it's been going down hill since Kelsey started bumming us!!!
Why should I give it another chance and chuck Ł27 at it to just be disappointed again
I can do 3 non all Ford shows for the money and probably enjoy them all more

As said I hope Fordfair does get better, I really do

But without us and the cars, you have no show
If they don't get it right this year, it'll hurt them
Next year public attendance will drop
It's a loose loose situation
Kelsey need to drop the cost for those showing dramatically... They can stick a free t shirt where the sun don't shine
They need to be organised when it comes to getting cars through the gates, the new ticket system was a pain in the ar5e last year!
Fordfair is massive, it really needs to be a weekend event so everyone can get round to seeing everything or if it has to stay a one day event split old and new Fords up so those who wish to only see the older stuff don't waste there time walking through the newer stuff and vise versa
STeve (16-06-2017)
Old 16-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

So its about numbers lol so there wont be 100 cats on the stand .Doing club stand shoildnt be a competition but then that what it haa seemed to be about all these years when you read baxk at threads and posts .

but good luck this forum is already on its arse without shows itll get better lol
Old 16-06-2017, 09:37 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Kelsey will put it up to Ł30 + next year I suppose if less people attend this year...
Old 17-06-2017, 08:52 AM
STeve

So its about numbers lol so there wont be 100 cats on the stand .Doing club stand shoildnt be a competition but then that what it haa seemed to be about all these years when you read baxk at threads and posts .

but good luck this forum is already on its arse without shows itll get better lol
Jay if 90% dont want to attend the event for above pointed out reasons should I then organise a stand there to please just the 10% especially when I agree with the majority ? hence holding a lunchtime meet on stand at ford fair last year, I said to those that wanted to go I would help sort them out a stand which I have done and they are all happy, Most that moan about the show dont even attend it and are the usual champions of speakers corner you know that, I used the 100 car analogy as it works perfect with % ratio in fact on a few years we was closer to 130 cars so theres no willy waving as I could not give a toss about what anyone else is doing
Old 17-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

It's a full on shite attitude wether it's 10 or 100 cars as a show organiser it should be put on for a choice for people not you make it for them

welcome to the pf dictatorship lol you think it's shite so fuck it . Surely it's quality of it all not quantity
Old 17-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

i'll agree, it's shite and getting worse every year. I don't blame you for not wanting to organise the stand this year if most people are moaning and not enjoying it. Jay, i don't see how it's being dictated? anyone from the forum could organise the stand if they wished, but nobody want's the responsibility.

Last year really was a pisstake. i couldn't believe the amount of empty space in the middle of the circuit which is usually crammed with clubs. in previous years we've spent all day wandering around, but last year we were ready to leave not long after lunch
STeve (18-06-2017)
Old 18-06-2017, 08:02 AM
STeve

It's a full on shite attitude wether it's 10 or 100 cars as a show organiser it should be put on for a choice for people not you make it for them

welcome to the pf dictatorship lol you think it's shite so fuck it . Surely it's quality of it all not quantity
your missing entire point the 90% of people dont want to attend the event in its current format as they voiced their opinions and voted at last years ford fair and if this years ff improoves then their opinions may change and it may be back on for 2018, you would have known the feeling in the pf camp if you ever played a active role in pf events other than just forum based and would have seen it for yourself and then would have noted whatever my feelings were about kelseys management never came into it

as for a dictatorship do me a favor jay as pf show attendees were the ones that chose not me , if I then decided that I would favor the 10 ignoring the vast majority thats a dictatorship surely,

I have run pf events single handed since 2011 and how many others from pf have helped out inc yourself in that time ? answer is none and you have moved on from pf to the rsoc yourself and have committees and groups for this and that, I'm still here on a daily basis and still organising things for pf on my own and did you look at recent all pf birthday party at the ace last month it was more packed than ever and did anyone else attend from pf apart from me ? No, as mentioned above^ anyone is welcome to arrange a event in any area and I will gladly help but in past 6 yrs nobody has ever stepped forward I even put up a post over a year asking for a new show organiser and how many replied ? none and the only reason I am still here doing this is I was asked by many to continue as they did not want to go back to some other clubs and cliques

all pf cars and are the ones who voted to blackball ff

Last edited by STeve; 18-06-2017 at 08:19 AM. Reason: pic added
slammedorion (18-06-2017)
Old 20-06-2017, 06:56 PM
dojj

It will never be a two day event as the costs of hiring the venue are HUGE!!!!

That's not to say they couldn't have it elsewhere across a weekend...
Old 21-06-2017, 11:47 AM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

I think a roadshow would be the way to go. A visit to each of the popular race tracks around the country over the course of a few weekends. That way it would save people hundreds of miles traveling to the event, without the extra worry if their pride and joy will make it there in the first place .
Old 21-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1-PD
your missing entire point the 90% of people dont want to attend the event in its current format as they voiced their opinions and voted at last years ford fair and if this years ff improoves then their opinions may change and it may be back on for 2018, you would have known the feeling in the pf camp if you ever played a active role in pf events other than just forum based and would have seen it for yourself and then would have noted whatever my feelings were about kelseys management never came into it

as for a dictatorship do me a favor jay as pf show attendees were the ones that chose not me , if I then decided that I would favor the 10 ignoring the vast majority thats a dictatorship surely,

I have run pf events single handed since 2011 and how many others from pf have helped out inc yourself in that time ? answer is none and you have moved on from pf to the rsoc yourself and have committees and groups for this and that, I'm still here on a daily basis and still organising things for pf on my own and did you look at recent all pf birthday party at the ace last month it was more packed than ever and did anyone else attend from pf apart from me ? No, as mentioned above^ anyone is welcome to arrange a event in any area and I will gladly help but in past 6 yrs nobody has ever stepped forward I even put up a post over a year asking for a new show organiser and how many replied ? none and the only reason I am still here doing this is I was asked by many to continue as they did not want to go back to some other clubs and cliques

all pf cars and are the ones who voted to blackball ff

you talk some shit don't and where have I ever stated I moved on from pf ? You know you don't need to blow smoke up your own are just because others won't.
Old 22-06-2017, 10:48 PM
dojj

Come on lads, play nice or I'll call the mods

Steve isn't going to organise it

Someone else is

The 10% that are happy will go

Easy

I can't afford to go this year as I don't have the day off so this will be my first miss since I started going in either 94 or 95
STeve (23-06-2017)