Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My "new" Ford Sierra Sapphire 2.0i Ghia

Search this Thread

Old 21-11-2016, 01:36 PM
JMartos94
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "new" Ford Sierra Sapphire 2.0i Ghia

First of all nice to meet y'all, it's my first post in here but I've been reading this forum for one month, since my father got a 92' Ford Sierra 2.0i DOHC. It's the non-cat model so I guess it's the 125hp.

I haven't been able to see it by myself since I'm studying in Cracow at the moment and I live in Spain.

The car has 94000km on the clock (aprox. 59000 miles) and at least in Spain it was such a bargain, 600€, always serviced by the same mechanic that takes care of our cars.

All I can post at the moment is what my father is telling me, but according to him the engine is running perfectly, although it needs some light revving since the previous owner didn't get it past 2000rpm lol.

These are the very first pics of it.

Needed a clean ASAP

As you can see the rear bumper and the scratch near the petrol cap needs to get fixed. No rust anywhere and it's looking pretty decent for the price. The funny thing is that the previous owner wanted to sell it because he bought a new one since he spun on the wet in a roundabout and got scared of it.

Aaaand that's it for today. Probably I won't have more updates about the car until I get home on Christmas but I have a lot of questions about Sierras so I'll be posting in here.
Old 21-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Robmatheson
Oxygen Thief

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tidy looking Sapphire, do you have any plans for It?
Old 21-11-2016, 06:43 PM
JMartos94
Virgin

Originally Posted by Robmatheson
Tidy looking Sapphire, do you have any plans for It?
Thanks mate.

At the moment we've thought about few and really light mods, but we will probably fit some 195/50/15s, paint or replace front and rear bumpers and add a rear spoiler. We want to keep it quite stock, but halfway between a Cossie and a non-Cossie look.

I'm looking forward to stick a Ramair cone filter along with a heat shield but I don't know the proper size for fitting on the throttle body, so if someone knows about it please leave a message

I'm also thinking of porting the inlet and the throttle body but I couldn't find any information about it in these engines, and probably some dampers + eibach pro kit maybe but anyway we're not in a hurry so it's going to take some time.
Old 21-11-2016, 06:49 PM
1374lee
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 91 Likes on 91 Posts

Rare to see a sapphire non cosworth these days. I like the sound of your plans for the car to, will be much better with colour coded bumpers and a boot spoiler.Will sit much nicer to on a decent set of lowering springs, don't go any lower than 30mm though as it will spoil the ride quality, nice new dampers to, will handle so much better than the old ones on the car for sure.Keep us updated as and when.

CheeRS.Lee.
Old 21-11-2016, 07:15 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

If it was mine i would find a 2.3 16 valve scorpio granada and fit that complete engine in the sierra.

Porting the intake and a bigger thottle body will not give any usefull power increase imo.

Throttle bodies on a custom intake with a custom tubular manifold on a aftermarket ecu will give greater gains but will be expensive.

With the right parts from the fords parts bins anything is possible.
16 valve head from a galaxy? RS 2000 cams? Or the easy scorpio option.

The choice is yours.
Tidy looking saff is a rare find these days.
Old 21-11-2016, 07:24 PM
JMartos94
Virgin

Originally Posted by 1374lee
Rare to see a sapphire non cosworth these days. I like the sound of your plans for the car to, will be much better with colour coded bumpers and a boot spoiler.Will sit much nicer to on a decent set of lowering springs, don't go any lower than 30mm though as it will spoil the ride quality, nice new dampers to, will handle so much better than the old ones on the car for sure.Keep us updated as and when.

CheeRS.Lee.
Thank you mate. Really looking forward to get back home and take it for a drive. Hope the planned mods get done as well.

Any recommendation on fluids (engine oil, diff, etc.) or specific maintenance on Sierras? It's the first Ford and RWD we've had so I don't have yet as much information as I would like to, so please excuse me if I start bombing you with questions
Old 22-11-2016, 02:05 PM
JMartos94
Virgin

Originally Posted by costina
If it was mine i would find a 2.3 16 valve scorpio granada and fit that complete engine in the sierra.

Porting the intake and a bigger thottle body will not give any usefull power increase imo.

Throttle bodies on a custom intake with a custom tubular manifold on a aftermarket ecu will give greater gains but will be expensive.

With the right parts from the fords parts bins anything is possible.
16 valve head from a galaxy? RS 2000 cams? Or the easy scorpio option.

The choice is yours.
Tidy looking saff is a rare find these days.
Thanks for the info mate, we don't have such big plans at the moment so we're going to keep the engine pretty stock for now, but it's always good to know about other choices.

Cheers.

Trending Topics

Old 23-11-2016, 03:04 PM
JMartos94
Virgin

I've been looking for some -25~35mm springs for a few days but almost all I could find was Cosworth ones.

Could anyone tell me if Cosworth springs would fit on 2.0i DOHC standard shocks?? I've spotted a set of Apex but I'm not sure if they will fit.

Thanks in advance.