Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Ford Fiesta | Mk6 | 1.25 | 2004 | RallyFirst 1400 Championship Project

Search this Thread

Old 22-11-2013, 09:42 AM
oLucking93
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Fiesta | Mk6 | 1.25 | 2004 | RallyFirst 1400 Championship Project

I currently have a Ford Fiesta Mk6 1.25 2004 fiesta. I am wanting to over time prepare it into a rally car. Entering the rally first championship. The championship covers gravel and forest stages.

The first question I have to ask is what exhaust system from the manifold onwards would be best and what gains would I see? (as I have to keep the standard manifold). Here is the specification for the championship for the exhaust section (see 6.4).

[6.0] Engine:
[6.1] The engine must be a standard production engine for that make and model of car including the complete induction and engine management system. Rotary engines are not permitted.
[6.2] Re-boring for the purposes of re-lining the engine block to the original capacity is allowed.
[6.3] Internal baffles may be fitted to the sump and the sump oil pick-up pipe may be modified.
[6.4] The standard exhaust manifold must be retained but the exhaust system beyond the manifold is free.
[6.5] Where the vehicle is required by law to be fitted with a catalytic converter then a functioning catalytic converter must be included in the exhaust system. The catalytic converter may be located anywhere in the exhaust system. Note the MSA Yearbook requirement that an exhaust catalytic converter must be fitted to all petrol engine cars manufactured after 31/12/1999.
[6.6] It is permitted to divert the Crankcase Breather to a separate catch tank but this must not allow any oil / waste products to leak.

The second question is what suspension brands/models would be best suited to my needs? Obviously would need to be able to withstand the forest stages. Here are the specifications on the suspension.

[9.0] Suspension:
[9.1] The original manufacturer’s suspension system must be maintained. Components can be exchanged or up-rated but must use the standard mounting points.
[9.2] Mechanically adjustable shock absorbers are allowed but remote reservoir suspension is not permitted unless fitted as original equipment.
[9.3] Springs, torsion bars and bump stops are free, but they must fit the standard mounting points. Spring spacers and adjustable height spring pans are permitted.
[9.4] Anti-roll bars, if fitted as standard, are free.
[9.5] Harder suspension bush material is permitted but non elastic bushes rose joints or similar metallic joints are prohibited unless fitted as standard.
[9.6] Suspension turret struts / braces are permitted.
[9.7] Suspension strut top mountings with non adjustable uniball joints are permitted."

Please offer your suggestions, all are welcome.

Last edited by oLucking93; 22-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.