Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

MY FIRST CAR MK3 Fiesta build!! *Watch this space*

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2012, 09:46 PM
7sean7m7
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can all donate parts to me too if you like

But good desicion selling those lexus lights, gash! and the seat covers arnt really for me, just look out for some SI interior on the bay, will be silly cheap and are pretty much buckets and real comfortable.. As for the neons, not for me either..

Also yes, it would look better without the badge at all..
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
TobyBrindley#12
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry havn't really updated this lately! Long and the short of it was I MOT'd the car and it needed 1ft of the sills welded, CV gaitor, rear wheel bearing and the brake drum adjusting. I did all of the above myself on a low budget (parts only)

Also I got some alloys as the car failed on a bald tyre, I paid £30 for the alloys with like new tyres. This is how the car stands as of yesterday:

Toby
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice little base motor there mate, I would take the advise of those on here and avoid the cheap tacky mods, ie neons, lexus lenses, seat covers etc.

Spend the cash on getting the handling sorted and have it sitting a bit lower and firmer, will make for more fun in the twisties. Get the bodywork polished up, nice little back box on it and see if you can source some cheap recaro's.

Better to hold off and save up for decent bits than rush out and buy trinkets, we have all been their mate so any suggestions are just from experience.

Good luck with it, would be great if memebers have any bits they can send your way to help you with the project!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM
TobyBrindley#12

Originally Posted by matts1
Nice little base motor there mate, I would take the advise of those on here and avoid the cheap tacky mods, ie neons, lexus lenses, seat covers etc.

Spend the cash on getting the handling sorted and have it sitting a bit lower and firmer, will make for more fun in the twisties. Get the bodywork polished up, nice little back box on it and see if you can source some cheap recaro's.

Better to hold off and save up for decent bits than rush out and buy trinkets, we have all been their mate so any suggestions are just from experience.

Good luck with it, would be great if memebers have any bits they can send your way to help you with the project!
thanks for the advice mate and as far as parts go i need a front right indicator light cover as some pikey ripped mine off and nicked it when i left my car at college overnight

Toby
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get the cheesyness away to fuck mate (light, neons, and seat covers) a set of rs turbo rears or a set of german rear... sorted then a set of recaros you get them cheap as chips these days dont need to mint.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
ryder666

good looking little fezzy there chap

word of warning with that in-phase radio they die quickly and they really don't put out 4x50w and will be struggling to drive those 6x9's (i know it happened to me)

this is an ok lowering kit off ebay 330654450579 (copy an past no. into ebay)
just lobed a set under my fezzy for a 35mm drop looks better and corners better now

keep that little baby topped with good oil get the rocker to valve clearance right
and keep here clean and she will go for ever

good luck with her
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
TobyBrindley#12

Originally Posted by ryder666
good looking little fezzy there chap

word of warning with that in-phase radio they die quickly and they really don't put out 4x50w and will be struggling to drive those 6x9's (i know it happened to me)

this is an ok lowering kit off ebay 330654450579 (copy an past no. into ebay)
just lobed a set under my fezzy for a 35mm drop looks better and corners better now

keep that little baby topped with good oil get the rocker to valve clearance right
and keep here clean and she will go for ever

good luck with her

Hi thanks for the advice yeahh those radios are BOLLOX first one i bought didn't work from the box, wouldn't even turn on. Second one I bought stopped working after about an hour and the third one seems fine after about 5-10hours
Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 PM
fiestasi1800
Part of the Furniture

I may have an indicator lamp you could have mate. I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow. PM me to remind me.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM
TobyBrindley#12

Originally Posted by fiestasi1800
I may have an indicator lamp you could have mate. I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow. PM me to remind me.
thanks a lot mate il send one now
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i got a set of brand new spax minus 40 springs you can have cheap, got a set of fully powdercoated and rebuilt rear drumbs and back plates from a rs turbo aswell,

ill have a look through the rest of the rs shite in my garage lol, got an xr2i bumper and fogs somewhere to