Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Advice needed with colour choice mk2 fiesta pics wanted

Old 23-11-2011, 07:39 PM
andyxr2zetec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed with colour choice mk2 fiesta pics wanted

Hi all i am restoring a mk2 fiesta and need help deciding what colour to do my car any pics would be appreciated...

I am also doing a 1.8 zetec conversion with bike carbs. I have the engine etc. ready to go and all i need is the drivers side xr2 wishbone and i am having huge trouble finding one... I am living in Ireland and mk2 fiestas are very hard to come by never mind xr2s they are near impossible to find parts for over here.. Anybody know if there is a way around trying to get an xr2 wishbone??

And also the stance is 1 of my favourite things on a car. I took out the springs and dropped the car back down and i thought that looked great so thats what i am aiming for. The problem is i am on an extremely tight budget and i am getting paid 10-20 quid a week for helping out with my neighbours racehorses... My question is, what is the cheapest,legal way to slam my car that much??

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Andy
Old 23-11-2011, 07:53 PM
paulsheerin
Regular Contributor

Hi mate,

Where abouts in Ireland are you from?

I'm up in Dub and theres a place called Cafco out near Blanchardstown that seem to be able to get any sort of part you need.

Also worth trying the regular motorfactors, particularly some of the Polish ones as they seem to be able to get some obscure parts too.

If you really want to stick with the second route theres a few xr2's for breaking on ebay at the minute.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiest...#ht_500wt_1287

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIEST...#ht_636wt_1270

Paul
Old 23-11-2011, 08:21 PM
andyxr2zetec

Originally Posted by paulsheerin
Hi mate,

Where abouts in Ireland are you from?

I'm up in Dub and theres a place called Cafco out near Blanchardstown that seem to be able to get any sort of part you need.

Also worth trying the regular motorfactors, particularly some of the Polish ones as they seem to be able to get some obscure parts too.

If you really want to stick with the second route theres a few xr2's for breaking on ebay at the minute.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Xr2-Breaking-Parts-/180758783295?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehic le_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item2a1610253f#ht_500 wt_1287

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK1-MK2-BREAKING-XR2-SUPERSPORT-GHIA-ETC-HEAD-LIGHT-/330647062098?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item4cfc19c652#ht_636wt_1270

Paul
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I am in Clonmel Co. Tipperary. I'll take a look at them now.

Thanks very much,

Andy
Old 25-11-2011, 09:50 AM
paulsheerin
Regular Contributor

Sorry Andy just been thinking about this a bit more. was in a bit of a daze replying last time.

The Mk2 fiesta doesnt use a wishbone setup so you wont be able to get a wishbone for it..

It uses the track control arm and i think its a stabiliser rod to triangulate the hub so no wishbone is used..
Old 03-12-2011, 06:32 PM
andyxr2zetec

Originally Posted by paulsheerin
Sorry Andy just been thinking about this a bit more. was in a bit of a daze replying last time.

The Mk2 fiesta doesnt use a wishbone setup so you wont be able to get a wishbone for it..

It uses the track control arm and i think its a stabiliser rod to triangulate the hub so no wishbone is used..
Thanks mate i was actually aware of this i just cant for the life of me think of what its called so if i was to look on ebay for one of these what would i type in exactly??

Cheers,

Andy